Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
MTBr ReMember
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Annadell Slo' Poke ride Saturday Dec. 24th...

9:30 Channel drive.
I will lead and Steve (WhereWolf) will sweep...
Bring your Holiday cheer and some fenders!

Lepe's post ride recovery...( I will bring proper chips for Steve!)

Tim(up to his @ss in M$ WindXP bs problems...)

This has been posted to the NorCal calendar.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
I'll leave early

May be some fog along the way so I'll leave early. Unless the shock bolt that broke at Auburn comes in for my Stumpjumper, I'll be slumming on the Epic. So I'll be even sower than usual. Had to ride the Epic yesterday and I don't know how I rode it for two years. It just isn't as much fun as the SJ.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Info

baycat said:
So where exactly do you guys meet up on Channel Drive? do not know the area. And what car/bike should I look out for.
Off of Highway 12 on the south end of Santa Rosa. Parking on Channel Drive is indicated on the map. This is the slowpoke group so bring a map, available on my site, in case you want to leave us. I have a black Nissan Frontier pickup and UncleMTB will probably have his monstrous dark blue suburban.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Always a bonus loop

baycat said:
Do you guys usually do the 25 miler outlined on your website?
For quite a while we have been doing the 25 miler and then gone back up for a bonus loop of another 6 miles or so. But if I have my Epic instead of Stumpjumper that may change. I have been toying with the idea of a super bonus loop lately but that depends on which bike I have and how I feel.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Wherewolf said:
For quite a while we have been doing the 25 miler and then gone back up for a bonus loop of another 6 miles or so. But if I have my Epic instead of Stumpjumper that may change. I have been toying with the idea of a super bonus loop lately but that depends on which bike I have and how I feel.
geez, it's not the bike it's the pedaler.....i ride all this stuff with my wimpy superlight and you are whining about not having your 'big boy' bike....

have fun gang, too wet for me plus i've got to get ready for going to palm desert for a few days with the fambly....

happy holidays!!

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Stranger..

glad to hear your getting off the compound every once and a while. I would love to ride with you guys but im travelin this weekend. Have to catch up ya in the new year...

Oh, and what this i hear about Calpine seeking BK protection? Do you know what chapter? Does this impact you at all?

·
MTBr ReMember
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I get out once in a while...

jrm said:
glad to hear your getting off the compound every once and a while. I would love to ride with you guys but im travelin this weekend. Have to catch up ya in the new year...

Oh, and what this i hear about Calpine seeking BK protection? Do you know what chapter? Does this impact you at all?
...I haven't ridden with you since my ChickenLittle performance @ Tahoe last summer!

The Calpine deal is Chapter 11 for reorg...
Somebody already owns all their stuff anyway it's just a cashflow deal.
As for me I sold my last remaining shares in Sept. at $3.25 at the last peak so I could go to school ( decided to invest in myself instead of powerplants! ).
Calpine does pay my Cobra payments so I am concerned about my medical coverage but I'll either have it or I won't...

Catch ya' when you get back from the holiday's

BTW hope you healed from that savage attack you received from that deathbox...glad your still among us and still cycling!

Tim

·
Registered
411 Posts
Too bad I can't make it. This Saturday is one of the busiest day of the year for me. I'll ride Mt Diablo on Christmas instead, if it's not too muddy.
Happy Holidays and see you again sometime next month.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I got the OK from my wife and son, so I'll see you there. Does everyone have jingle bells for their handle bars? The rain is supposed to let up by then, but it has been fairly constant all week.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Cool!

UncleMTB said:
9:30 Channel drive.
I will lead and Steve (WhereWolf) will sweep...
Bring your Holiday cheer and some fenders!

Lepe's post ride recovery...( I will bring proper chips for Steve!)

Tim(up to his @ss in M$ WindXP bs problems...)

This has been posted to the NorCal calendar.
I'll see if the warden will give me a furlough.

I'll bring some Czech Pilsner and my fenders.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.