Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
There are a few muddy spots-- north burma, and some of the other north-facing trials. But much of the wetness is puddles that are more water than mud. I rode 20 miles there yesterday and it wasn't until my last descent down North Burma that I got all dirty. I didn't go on ridge trail since that often holds mud the longest.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Think by Wednesday it would be better goodness? We're planning a little trip...bus leaving Woodside around 8:45, stop in Berkeley and onwards! Plenty of room...;)

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Think by Wednesday it would be better goodness? We're planning a little trip...bus leaving Woodside around 8:45, stop in Berkeley and onwards! Plenty of room...;)
should be alright after a few days of sun. ridge stays mucky the longest like Guru said, but most everything else should be good.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
And isn't it that one spot on Ridge for about 200 years, near the East end that seems to be the goopy stretch? The rest of the trail, as I recall, isn't too bad except a couple of short mud puddles... At least the times I have ridden there in the winter... I'd like to get up there again soon too!

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
ATBScott said:
And isn't it that one spot on Ridge for about 200 years, near the East end that seems to be the goopy stretch? The rest of the trail, as I recall, isn't too bad except a couple of short mud puddles... At least the times I have ridden there in the winter... I'd like to get up there again soon too!
That's the way I remember the muddy part on Ridge, too.

·
-
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The climb up Two Quarry was a little slippery on some sections.

Ridge was a muddy mess on a good portion of the climb...but the descent down to Marsh was in good shape.

Lawndale, S. and N. Burma were nice and tacky, despite a few puddles that were more water than mud.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It was pretty muddy but in a fun way. Should be fine tomorrow.

Put it this way, the mud did not put any of us down today. It was goopy but we weren't picking it up in the tires until the final descent. I have no idea the name of that descent, sorry.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
TahoeBC said:
If one were to show up let's say this weekend, would anyone have a route recommendation for say 5 to 6 hours of riding (Provided there's that much riding) for this time of year?
Assuming it doesn't rain, everything should be good. 6 hours is a bit long, but....lets see if I can do this from memory:

Richardson, South Burma, Marsh (up), Lawndale, Lawndale/Shultz roads, Shultz trail, Ridge, marsh (up), South Burma, North Burma, Live Oak, Rough Go (go all the way to the lake), down Spring Creek, Canyon, up Rough Go, left on Orchard, Cobblestone.

That should be 30ish miles.

The only difficult climb is rough go after canyon. It's not steep, but there's lots of rocks.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
What day TBC?

TahoeBC said:
As GuruAtma said, 6 hrs is a bit much unless there's alot of socializing, or you do double backs on trails even then you could cover alot in less time then that.

I could be available for a tour just depends on which day.

JMac

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
JMac47 said:
As GuruAtma said, 6 hrs is a bit much unless there's alot of socializing, or you do double backs on trails even then you could cover alot in less time then that.

I could be available for a tour just depends on which day.

JMac
Me too. And I can really help with making sure that ride lasts 6 hours :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Thanks for the tour guide offers!

Got a couple things going on that do not lend them self's to a group ride though. One meeting John Castellano at his shop in the am, he's going to get an old bike of mine up and running again for me and he will probably ride with us for a bit. Then need to get to a party at 3:00. That said if you see me out there Saturday, shout out.

But from everything I've heard about the place, a future ride out there with you all is not to far off.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Hey Guess what, this place rocks! Super fun ride out there today, with probably one of the best trail guides around who first rode there when the Rockhopper race was being run in the 80's. While riding got the low down on the entire history of the place from when it was originally legal to ride single tracks, then illegal, the whole bootleg trail system that went in during that period. Then the creation of a whole new legal single track network. Drove over with a buddy who had ridden there 3 times before and after this tour he said it took Annadel to an entire new level.

Pretty cool to meet the guy who designed the suspension of my old bike also, and check out his updated design that allows you to single speed with 29'er tires (or 26) with 6 inch's of rear travel!, See the link below if your interested in checking it out.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=6485461&postcount=73

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.