Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
organically fed
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's the best way to follow a New Year's Eve ride up the Oat Hill Mine Trail?

A New Year's Day ride through the sweetness that is Annadel!

It was an easy ride designed to keep a newbie hooked, we rolled Shultz > Pig Flat > Marsh > Lawndale. Next time, prolly throw Ridge Trail into the mix.
Trail conditions were absolutely splendid for the most part. No slippin' and slidin' and just a tiny bit of mud was slung onto our bikes.

Does anybody know what the story is with this little structure on Shultz? Kinda looks like an old fireplace. Maybe a Pomo pizza oven? :D

Trippin' on 'shrooms. I had opted not to remove the little piece of vegetation obstructing the shot, but in retrospect that was kinda silly.

meh...a little more proficiency with the camera would have been a good thing. This little dude wasn't at all concerned about our presence and soon went back to munching on some leaves.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...................

We came across three of these. Cute li'l buggers...

purdy...

:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Superb day there yesterday!

Myself and a couple friends hit up as much techie as we could.

Up Rough Go to Cobblestone > Orchard > Live Oak > N Burma > Richardson > S Burma > Marsh > Canyon.

Coming down Canyon it was geting real crowded (~2PM). Got hollered at by a couple peds. I guess "keep right" only makes sense when in a car. All the hikers kept splitting up and scattering to both sides... lame.

The bikes were o'plenty too, saw a few groups of 4 or more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Whoa, have never ever noticed that structure on Shultz.

Anyone know if it's raining up there now? Was planning on heading up there tomorrow morning, hope it's rideable! It's been raining a good amount down in the San Jose area.

·
organically fed
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Triple Threat said:
I have no idea what that Pomo pizza oven thing is, where is it on Shulz?
It's about about 50 yards before a switchback and it sits between the two parallel sections of the trail. Going up Shultz, it'll be on the left side and you can see the next section of trail continuing on behind it, but about 10' higher and headed South (but still uphill).

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
You'll be ok tomorrow.....

grundy said:
is anything closed or unridable? I'm planning on heading up there tomorrow AM too. I'm all fendered up :)
....better on Sunday I would think, after the sun/breeze and trail users this afternoon and Saturday wick up most of the moisture. That's when I'll probably get up there.:thumbsup:

·
baggin ho's
737 Posts
lawndale said:
it is not raining now and its not supposed tommoreow have fenders thou

that little chimney is part of the mineing operation back in the early 1900s and late 1800s i should do an anndel history ride some time fun to look an old stuff
That is a god idea! Would the camp on two quarry make the list?

The fire roads are all great. most of the traditional wet trails are starting to get sloppy. Cobblestone is sweet. my kids and I had a hard time walking up spring creek in many places. with no significant rain forcasted in the next 10 days it sure would be nice so see these trails survive their current soggy state.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just added an extension to my rear fender... was getting some dribble on my hydro pack.

Ill be there at 11 AM Saturday (tomorrow) for any peeps(
)that need to sleep in. Ill be at Howarth Park upper lot with my 2 usual sidekicks. Come on up and say Hi if you see anyone gearing up!

Route is always on-the-fly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
JMac47 said:
....better on Sunday I would think, after the sun/breeze and trail users this afternoon and Saturday wick up most of the moisture. That's when I'll probably get up there.:thumbsup:
who else is going Sunday? What time and where? Anyone go in on parktrail? I'm going, but I don't have anyone to go with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.