Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Let go lightly
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting Santa Rosa this weekend and wondering if the park is closed to bikes after all this rain. Thinking of riding there Sunday.

Thanks
AA

·
Uncle
4,362 Posts
+1

Pretty much all of Norcal will need time to drain after this with the exception of the solid bedrock trails we have. Easy rule here: If its brown, it needs time. If its gray, it's okay.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
You can ride Rockville pretty much any time and its not too far from Annadel. You may kill yourself on the wet rocks, but I would prefer that to sitting on the couch.

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
the park doesn't close for rain but, if you go to annadel, i'ld avoid Ridge, S. Burma and Spring Creek trails. those get the muckiest and take the longest to drain imo. S. Burma also may have a ton of newts and salamanders near the bottom after all this rain too. sucks when people rip thru there smashing them. everything else should be 'Ok'. other then that, it does drain pretty well in most places.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
i think the trails would be better off in the long run if we all stayed off them for a bit to let some of the water drain away...i bet the stream crossings are a bit trickier right now though!

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Oat Hill man. That place is all rock and would be fun after all the rain we had! No need to worry about errosion or newts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts