Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I think I can do it. Just got back from Annadel. Lot of ice-puddles, even some frozen waterfalls (at least that's what it looked like), at the end of the day.

The usual muddy places were dry, but some of the usual dry places were huge mud pits--like the bench at Buick Meadow, where South Burma intersects Marsh. A 25-foot wide pit of thick, sticky mud.. I had to stop and scrape mud off my tires with a stick so the wheels would turn. All the trails leading up to the bench were dry, and that area was dry last week with no rain in between. I wonder if the ice captures more moisture and then it all drains at once?

Rough go (toward the bottom) has a huge mud pit too. If you are unlucky enough to put a foot down in it, you're not gonna get your shoe back.

The rest of Marsh, rough go, schultz, lawndale, etc. were quite dry.

·
Registered
411 Posts
cohenfive said:
good to see vtt back in the mtbr saddle!!
Come and join us. I was looking forward to see you on Diablo Saturday. Ebrider and I went to the top and froze our b*tts, but the view well worth the 25 F.
I haven't been to Annadel since Spring 06 and look forward to see Steve again.

·
Formerly dvo
2,455 Posts
i rode there for the first time yesterday and i got to say......what a beautiful park! the climbs were all pretty mellow and the descents were a blast. lawndale ranks right up there with some of the best singletrack anywhere. i also rode a few trails that don't show up on the map and they were really good as well. quite the little treasure we have there.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
VTT said:
Come and join us. I was looking forward to see you on Diablo Saturday. Ebrider and I went to the top and froze our b*tts, but the view well worth the 25 F.
I haven't been to Annadel since Spring 06 and look forward to see Steve again.
after travelling most of the past 6 weeks my plans for a killer sports weekend (long hike, ski one day, long bike ride) just didn't pan out. couldn't drag my sorry butt out of bed to do any ride saturday, and my son didn't want to ski the ice sunday...finally got out to briones yesterday afternoon.

as for the 20th, i'm scheduled to be up in tahoe on a boys weekend jaunt. given the weather forecast this week (dry) there's some chance it will fall through and if so i'll certainly ride with you fine folks, but for now it's not likely...

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plan on joining us

cohenfive said:
i'm scheduled to be up in tahoe on a boys weekend jaunt. given the weather forecast this week (dry) there's some chance it will fall through and if so i'll certainly ride with you fine folks, but for now it's not likely...
Plan on joining us for I have decreed no snow this year, so we can start riding Tahoe in May!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I went up yesterday(Tuesday) for a couple hours and it was pretty muddy, my tires were getting caked with mud, but it was worth. A lot of ice, even the streams were frozen over. That is part of the fun having your back tire slide. Ridge trail was dry but we took a small trail off of ridge to marsh and I'd say it was a little too muddy, but getting to look out over Bennett Valley/Crane Canyon area is just amazing

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What goes down, must come up

baycat said:
Should be able to make it! Have not done the whole Rough Go downhill so will this time.
Remember, after Rough Go what goes down, must come up. If all goes as planned we'll climb back up Canyon and Marsh and go back down South Burma for a 30+ miler. A good preview to the "Long A$$ Loop" we'll do soon. But I'll be on my clunker back-up bike and probably even slower than usual.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.