Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
valgal
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out the best trails to ride at Annadel. In order of my riding preference I love good lung busting climbs, screamin' single track downhill, and moderate technical. I'd also like to avoid as much mud as possible. What's it like around there in February? I see you can start at Howarth Park area, or the other end off Channel drive, which is better? I have a map with the trail names so if you can tell me in order what trail to trail route is the best to follow. I'm looking to ride about 20mi.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's one for you. Start at Howarth Park, ride past Spring Lake follow the bike trail on to Channel Dr. Ride down Channel Dr. to Richardson (a fire road) at the first picnic table bear off onto Two Quarry. When you get to the top of Two Quarry go left at the outhouse, that's Marsh trail. Follow that over to the top of Lawndale. You'll drop out almost thee miles of killer single track. At the bottom go right, up Lawndale Rd. At the top of the hill take the 1st right, that's Shultz Rd. Follow Schultz to the gate and go back into Annadel. When you get to the top of Schultz go left onto Marsh again, then right onto Ridge Trail. Follow Ridge through to Marsh. At the end of Ridge go right, back up Marsh Trail to the bench, and bear left onto North Burma. After a short hill Burma tops out then drops for a while until it hits Richardson. Go left, down the hill to the lake. At the Dam drop out on Spring Creek and follow it back to Spring Lake and Howarth Park. The might just keep you busy for about 3 hours or so. Depends if you stop. FYI I never park at Channel Dr. because of tons of car burgs. I also never park at Howarth Park. Parking at either Stonehenge Dr. or Parktrail Dr. is far preferable they are both residential areas and less prone to scumbags stealing stuff from peoples cars.

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
problem is spring creek is about as muddy as u can get in the park.

another option, would be to park on channel drive - you'll see a big dirt lot where everyone parks, don't go to the end unless you want to pay park fees. ride up the road to the end and begin the climb up Richardson, veer left on Two Quarry, follow Pantera's route "When you get to the top of Two Quarry go left at the outhouse, that's Marsh trail. Follow that over to the top of Lawndale. You'll drop out almost thee miles of killer single track. At the bottom go right, up Lawndale Rd. At the top of the hill take the 1st right, that's Shultz Rd. Follow Schultz to the gate and go back into Annadel. When you get to the top of Schultz go left onto Marsh again, then right onto Ridge Trail. Follow Ridge through to Marsh. At the end of Ridge go right, back up Marsh Trail to the bench, and bear left onto [edit] South Burma. After a short hill Burma tops out then drops for a while until it hits Richardson." When you get to Richardson, go right and reconnect to Burma, spurs off to the left. Take that about half-ways, i believe the trail is Lower Steve's 'S' trail, take the left to Lake Ilsanjo. If you pass it and hit Live Oak, Take a left at LO. From the lake, connect to Rough Go(if you took the left onto Live Oak, you'll connect to Rough Go), head to Cobblestone/Orchard back down to the car (tip-take all the rights at each fork on the way down). This is my favorite trail in the park, btw.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am a total mud hater. Right now the lower half of Spring Creek is in really good shape, not much mud.On another note if you like Annadel you can't miss out on a trip up to Boggs. The place is mountain bike heaven. If anyone wants to put a trip together over the weekend I'll go. I just won't ride the place alone because it's a bit isolated and if you ran into trouble you could find yourself out in the cold for a really long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.