Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to be determined. Got a few folks coming from aways away, so it won't be too early.

Anyone care to join us & make sure we don't miss the good stuff? :cool:

Here's a pic of A-del from last weekend. Should be melted by now, ya think?

·
Dirt/y girl-y tomboy
71 Posts
I heart Annadel. i want to make it- even if sola.

The good stuff i know: Lawwwwwndale. & i think Ridge, Burmas & the Cobblestone (all the d-hills). : p

BTW, yr. sig. is funny. : Q

·
-
677 Posts
I think there's a group of us going on Saturday at 10am...

I thought I saw rain in the forecast for Sunday..no?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Will probably be there on Sunday. Easy to spot - the only one hiking uphills and with a FF. But you probably won't catch me going down. :D

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Latest news is, ride LEAVES at 10. Fix your bike before that. :D

But, we're meeting at Howard's Park, wherever that may be. Trailseeker will post in a bit with dire erections.

Steve says they're predicting rain to move in late Sunday. We should be eating burritos by then. :thumbsup:

Hope we can get a good group hap'nin'!

^^^^^^ another good group.

·
Registered
552 Posts
What can I say, my enunciation is not the best! This ride will be leaving from Howarth Park, a City of Santa Rosa adjacent to Annadel on Summerfield Rd. Turn in and keep going right until you get to the upper parking lot, adjacent to Lake Ralphine. Stating here will give us some bonus singletrack! Rolling at 10 AM. Hope I am posting directions properly.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Whoops, not a computer expert. Tried unsuccessfully to post a Google map to the spot. I'll try again later.

·
don't try this at home
1,601 Posts
Trailseeker said:
What can I say, my enunciation is not the best! This ride will be leaving from Howarth Park, a City of Santa Rosa adjacent to Annadel on Summerfield Rd. Turn in and keep going right until you get to the upper parking lot, adjacent to Lake Ralphine. Stating here will give us some bonus singletrack! Rolling at 10 AM. Hope I am posting directions properly.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Whoops, not a computer expert. Tried unsuccessfully to post a Google map to the spot. I'll try again later.
keep in mind that by 10 am the upper parking lot may be full if the weather is nice.

·
Master of None
1,462 Posts
Howarth lot is gonna fill up fast. Even the Channel lot was almost totally full last weekend at 10am. There is also parking on Summerfield or at the Rialto theater.

I'll try to make it. I'm camping this weekend at the coast; depends on how much beer I drink on Saturday night if I can get up early enough to drive back on Sunday. :p

My vote for after-ride brew:
http://russianriverbrewing.com/wordpress/

Common meeting location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=38.453622,-122.668254&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=16&sll=38.453538,-122.668254&sspn=0.010654,0.016394&ie=UTF8&ll=38.452076,-122.66849&spn=0.010654,0.016394&t=h&z=16

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks for the link. You're a smart fella. Hope to see you at Rockville for MBTB. We'll miss you at the ride. I'll be sure to drink a Pliny in you honor!

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
I'll be out there today, starting in the Spring Lake horse lot (pay lot, but there's always parking) around 9:00. I've got housework to do later today, but you can't miss me: I'll be riding (suffering on uphills) a red Santa Cruz Bullit ;)

Have a good ride!

·
Registered
997 Posts
So, how was it? Any pics? Who went? I gardened and cleaned the fish tank, and could use the vicarious ride.

·
Registered
552 Posts
O.K. Here's the scoop on our ride last Saturday. I didn't take any pictures 'cuz I was struggling to keep up the pace and catch those speedy out of town dudes. Those in attendance were myself, Crimson Winds, F.P.,Big Boulder, and Jilm.

We started out by riding a bunch of the singletrack in Howarth Park and Spring Lake. The Auburn boys were impressed by the rock gardens and the lack of trail overhanging poison oak. We buzzed the parking area on Channel Drive looking for lost stragglers, then charged across the trail that parallels the road.

From there we made quick work of Two Quarry up to Marsh, then flew down Lawndale. I heard someone mention in another thread that they thought Lawndale was nothing more than an overrated fireroad? I say bring on more of those type of "fireroads". We, however, has a blast zooming down to the bottom. Rode the road back over to Schultz, had a fun splash in the G-out creek crossing.

Hit Ridge trail from there, stopping to visit with an ex-MTBR friend and enthusiastic rider Big Trees who I seem to keep meeting along the trails "in the middle of nowhere". Nice to reconnect. Big Boulder, on his first journey to Annadel, "made sweet love" with his fully rigid Niner 1X9 on the rest of Ridge trail. Got back on Marsh and climbed to the top of South Burma. From there we twisted out way back to the bottom on a variety of trails here and there.

By the time we made it back to Howarth Park, the bike trails and lakes were swarming with happy campers basking in the beauty of another fantastic spring weekend. I was beat, so it was time to rehydrate.

We hit the Russian River Brewery for grub and suds. Big Boulder and I tried both the new and old Plinys. Thinking about entering the Pliny Elder in the beer taste competition up at the Malikoff Diggins later this month. F.P. loved the Porter but sent back the Stout to the brewmaster at R.R. I forget what Jilm was drinking, but Crimson Winds enjoyed the draft Root Beer. Good pizza, too. Yum.

Missed your presence on the ride JFR. Any chance you can make it to the Gold Country gathering? It should be big fun! South Yuba, yay!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thanks for the replies JMac and Trailseeker... appreciate the recap Trailseeker.

I'm doing good and hoping to hit the Gold Country gathering. Thanks for asking. I'm totally out of shape from my slow recovery, but whatever. I did half a ride (if even that) with the boys in Auburn a couple weeks ago and it was magical to ride again. My elbow did great and wasn't blown the next day, so there's hope. I just need to keep the rides short this year and avoid over-use re-injury. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts