Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not too familiar with the south end of Annadel. Is there a trail to the west of the actual Ridge trail headed towards Bennet Mt. that just isn't on the map? I got a bit confused and I didn't have my map. When I got to the houses I stayed close to the fence line on the really narrow trail, eventually it forked and I went right. I got to a picnic bench and went right. It took me back to the marsh then down Lawndale. I couldn't seem to figure it out after I got home and looked at my map. I didn't have too much time to explore but next time I will for sure, especially if I know where I'm headed.

·
J-Flo
1,740 Posts
I've never been on it, but I think the trail to the top of the mountain starts at the North end of Marsh by a quick spur to the right (if you are heading South) and proceeds in a sharp climb; it looks steep. At the South end, there is a narrow trail that connects to Ridge at the junction with the Southern terminus of the Marsh fire road (if you are heading North up Ridge from that end, this is past the last houses at the point where the trail makes a right turn into a fire road, which is Marsh, for about a hundred yards before Ridge cuts off to the North again). I assume that is the trail you are asking about but I have never ridden it because whenever I am there I want to ride Ridge.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked very carefully over the satellite map and I figured out where I was and how I ended up there. Like you said, after the last houses I followed the real narrow trail going up the hill, then forked to the right and ended back on Ridge. So on the map it shows that if I head up from Schultz it's a shorter ride up Marsh then I can loop back down on Ridge. Is this the best route? I'm just trying to piece together that side of the park, I want to start at Shultz and end on Lawndale, Ridge better on the way up or on the way back?

·
NedwannaB
12,765 Posts
Yes, Ridge is best coming from Schultz end. Next time drop down the fire road instead of taking that fenceline trail, go left back onto Ridge again and take it all the way to Marsh, continue clockwise up on Marsh past Buick Meadows and on to Lawndale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts