Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
aka baycat
Joined
·
8,480 Posts
Hosted on the parks/gov site so looks to be current and a nice one. Used a similar one for Mt. Tam.

If you need something you can print and reference easy check out Steve Wolf's mountain bike site for an Annadel map he mocked up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!

based on the map, I am thinking about riding
Spring Creek --> Marsh --> Lawndale --> Schultz --> Ridge --> S Burma --> N Burma --> Live Oak --> Rough Go

OR essentially the same route, but starting from Channel Drive, up Cobblestone.

I don't think I have ever ridden Shultz, it looks like it would be more fun to go down Lawndale and come up Shultz, is that right?

Ridge looks like it would be fun going from Shultz to Marsh, or is it better in the other direction?

Any other suggestions?
 

·
organically fed
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
grundy said:
I don't think I have ever ridden Shultz, it looks like it would be more fun to go down Lawndale and come up Shultz, is that right?
That's the only way I've ever done it. Tons o' fun.

grundy said:
Ridge looks like it would be fun going from Shultz to Marsh, or is it better in the other direction?
That's the only way I've ever done it. Tons o' fun.
 

·
Coors, the american beer.
Joined
·
3,533 Posts
ridge is way better from shultz to marsh ... and w00t unless you went another time other than when i took you you havent been down lawndale, our hood mtn / sugarloaf expedition caused us to skip that part
 

·
organically fed
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Melt said:
... and w00t unless you went another time other than when i took you you havent been down lawndale, our hood mtn / sugarloaf expedition caused us to skip that part
I did the Post-Thanksgivin' Day ride later that week. :thumbsup:

We did Channel > Warren Richardson > Two Quarry > Marsh > Lawndale > Shultz > Ridge > Marsh > S. Burma > Warren Richardson > N. Burma > Louis > Lake > Rough Go > Cobblestone (or maybe it was Orchard to Cobblestone).
 

·
Medium?
Joined
·
6,732 Posts
My friend Mike is the owner of Draftech Blueprinting. He's reproducing a really cool sat photo with the trails overlayed. I'll take a picture of the one he made for me.

He puts it on thick foam with waterproof ink and a thin frame. You can velcro it to the wall and take it down to discuss routes as necessary. Any size you want, I think. Mine is probably 20x16.

PM if you want one and I'll send his info. He's in Santa Rosa and would prefer not to ship, but you could talk him into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
My friend Mike is the owner of Draftech Blueprinting. He's reproducing a really cool sat photo with the trails overlayed. I'll take a picture of the one he made for me.

He puts it on thick foam with waterproof ink and a thin frame. You can velcro it to the wall and take it down to discuss routes as necessary. Any size you want, I think. Mine is probably 20x16.

PM if you want one and I'll send his info. He's in Santa Rosa and would prefer not to ship, but you could talk him into it.
Dude, that sounds cool. How much does he ask for those?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
w00t! said:
I did the Post-Thanksgivin' Day ride later that week. :thumbsup:

We did Channel > Warren Richardson > Two Quarry > Marsh > Lawndale > Shultz > Ridge > Marsh > S. Burma > Warren Richardson > N. Burma > Louis > Lake > Rough Go > Cobblestone (or maybe it was Orchard to Cobblestone).
THAT was an epic ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fast Eddy said:
My friend Mike is the owner of Draftech Blueprinting...
thanks for the offer, but I got what I needed from the two maps mentioned in this thread. It's funny, Annadel isn't that far away (I'm in Oakland) but I literally never get up there anymore. Maybe that's due for a change, but until then a sweat blurred pdf printout will be ok :)

thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the help folks, a good time was had by all.

After a group decision, we decided to forgo the Lawndale/Shultz loop, something for another day. We rode Cobblestone-->Orchard-->Rough Go-->Marsh-->Ridge-->Burmas-->Live Oak-->Rough Go-->Orchard-->CObblestone.







 

·
Birthday Collector
Joined
·
2,610 Posts
Hey w00t!
That Post-Turkey-day ride we did do the Rough Go/Orchard/Cobblestone route - just to clarify.

While it is more work, I like Ridge in both directions. Sometimes will route a ride to do exactly that. On 12/30 some of us skipped the Lawndale/Schultz "usual" loop to go up Canyon/Marsh/Ridge-to-Schultz (met the other group)/back on Ridge to Burmas/Live Oak/Rough Go. It was a nice change and Ridge is still fun both directions!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top