Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Doctor
Joined
·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been to Annadel in over 15 years. I'm planning a ride there pretty soon, and here's my route, using an old map I found here at home:
Park entrance -> Lake Trail -> S. Burma -> Marsh -> Pig Flat -> Ridge -> Steve's -> Marsh -> Canyon -> Spring Creek -> Live Oak -> N. Burma -> Lake -> park entrance

Should be ~18 miles. Does this sound like a good route, and are all these trails open to bikes? I just can't remember which trail is which from looking at the map.

Any input would be much appreciated! :confused:

jeff
 

·
Coors, the american beer.
Joined
·
3,533 Posts
sounds good and those are all open if i remember correctly
 

·
Turn off the TV
Joined
·
239 Posts
Some of those don't connect. Go Down Channel drive and park at the dirt area to your left. Then ride down the paved road to the Ranger station and get a map for a buck or two just in case. Steve's trail does not connect to ridge and is a no bike trail at any rate. I believe what you call Lake trail is Richardson and is a fire road that wil connect to South Burma. Ridge trail will take you from Leadson Marsh area all the way back to Marsh trail then you can go back down to the Marsh. about 7 years ago they re-worked all the trails so things will be a bit different. I ride there about four days a week and you cant' really go wrong unless maybe you go down the back side on the Lawndale or the Schultz trail and that will only make for a longer ride. For sure stop at the station and get a map. Here is a ride for ya. Cobblestone > left Orchard > Left Cobblestone > Left RoughGo > LeftLive Oak > right North Burma > Right Richardson > Left North Burma > Left Marsh at Buick Medow Go around the Marsh > Right on ridge > Left Marsh > Right Canyon left at y rest at the Dam and watch the birds or take a dip if its hot. Around lake to Louis trail at northeast end of lake. left on South Burma all ht eway down to the road take a left on road and then rid about a mile to your car That about 23 miles or so Maybe. Or just get a map and have fun. I hope you enjoy yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Lawndale

Pretty good long one is. Start at howarth park, go up "canyon" trail, right at the picnic table thats "marsh", take marsh all the way to "ridge", take ridge all the way around to "lawndale", lawndale is a fun downhill but just remember you gotta come back up, all the way to the bottom. Then go back up. You can go back the same way which is about 19-20 miles or when you get up from lawndale take south burma out. Thats the nice thing about Annadel too many ways. Have fun!
 

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
Joined
·
19,862 Posts
We just rode there yesterday, and it was focking awesome.

I'd recommend a guide so you don't have to keep stopping & starting to check the map. Our guides yesterday were Trailseeker & Son, and they did a bang-up job. :thumbsup:

fp
 

Attachments

·
NedwannaB
Joined
·
12,776 Posts
And your thread post is.......

Finch Platte said:
We just rode there yesterday, and it was focking awesome.

I'd recommend a guide so you don't have to keep stopping & starting to check the map. Our guides yesterday were Trailseeker & Son, and they did a bang-up job. :thumbsup:

fp
......where???:confused:

Yah, ditto on the aweSSumneSS of yesterday!! I didn't get out 'til around 2ish, rode 'tl 5:30ish. Pretty much full loop of the park. SSpectacular views from Bennet Peak.
 

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
Joined
·
19,862 Posts
JMac47 said:
.........POST ride info yah goof! Specially pix of the the beer and grub! :rolleyes:
D'oh!

I got some shots towards the beginning/middle of the ride, but as I got tireder, I quit dragging out the camera. As as for post-ride, I left the camera in the car, and was too lazy to walk back & get it.

Tellya this- the Russian River Porter is lip-smacking good. Got a growler waiting for me in the fridge at home. :thumbsup:

BTW, you know this #@*hole? :mad: He's a stern-looking mofo, but he can ride alright, I guess. :skep:

fp
 

Attachments

·
NedwannaB
Joined
·
12,776 Posts
Growler??.....

Finch Platte said:
D'oh!

I got some shots towards the beginning/middle of the ride, but as I got tireder, I quit dragging out the camera. As as for post-ride, I left the camera in the car, and was too lazy to walk back & get it.

Tellya this- the Russian River Porter is lip-smacking good. Got a growler waiting for me in the fridge at home. :thumbsup:

BTW, you know this #@*hole? :mad: He's a stern-looking mofo, but he can ride alright, I guess. :skep:

fp
....you talkin' jilm or the ale?? :rolleyes: Yes RR Brewhouse has some goods, plus the pizza aint bad either. As for the rider profile, yes he can ride. I'm guess'n :D

I take it you guys are going to BB's extravaganza??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
ryanc104 said:
Pretty good long one is. Start at howarth park, go up "canyon" trail, right at the picnic table thats "marsh", take marsh all the way to "ridge", take ridge all the way around to "lawndale", lawndale is a fun downhill but just remember you gotta come back up, all the way to the bottom. Then go back up. You can go back the same way which is about 19-20 miles or when you get up from lawndale take south burma out. Thats the nice thing about Annadel too many ways. Have fun!
+1. I like this loop. I like ridge and lawndale a lot.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top