Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, a 15-mile ride and picnic lunch at Annadel for only $122.95

I wonder who they get to guide the tours? Maybe I'm in the wrong profession...

·
Registered
780 Posts
$99.99

GuruAtma said:

I will take anyone to Annadel for $99.99
Includes 2 Cliff Bars
No bike
No sympathy
and we'll probably get lost too...

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Not a bad side job or whatnot. People will pay to have a good time. Do it well and you will get repeat or referred business. Get some corporate bonding/team building gigs going on a regular basis and you could have a good time and make some money too.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
I'll one up that...

jhruth said:
I will take anyone to Annadel for $99.99
How about $45.99, the cost of a tank of gas. Only creedo is you can't whine about how crazy fast I drive anymore, it's a bloddy baja truck afterall...Brian!!

Seriously though, look at what type of clientelle they're marketing to. To them, $12.99 is like a cup of 7-11 coffee and a Twinkie 2 pack to the rest of us out there.

·
baggin ho's
737 Posts
a few years ago I held a dinner ride in the summer, it cost about 100.00 each but we were treated to a catered 4 course meal, paired with all the wine you can handle, as in some people had to walk down. we did a 20 mile ride and met for dinner at rough go/liveoak I'm thinking of doing this again, it was a ton o fun! a buck twenty nine seems a bit steep but you do get a gourmet lunch (can it really hold a candle to lepe's??) and bike rental and a guide (ww?) I wonder what bike you get to ride? I hope it's something super sweet like this.

Attachments

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
"This tour can be altered to the beginner to advanced rider and we will cover between 8 and 15 miles" Advanced and 15 miles?!? Ummm, yeah.
Lessee, meet at 9:30 get bike, saftey blah blah blah, lunch and tour ends at 3:30. 6 hours!! WTF are they doing for 6 hours and 15 miles? Oh and the kids would cost $122.95 each too. :rolleyes:

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,154 Posts
You guys have it all wrong...

GuruAtma said:

It's $22.95 for the tour of the park. The $100 is to cover the cost of the "Safety Talk". With the first Safety break being at 9:30 AM before the ride starts it's 8-15 miles or was it 20 miles? A nice break for the gourmet munchies certain to be another "safety break" before they let you take a swim in the lake.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'm just speachless. Last time I went to OR I got a guided tour for $65. I couldn't bring my bike cuz the truck was full of servers and kids. So I rented a bike, got on the MTBR OR board and got two local tour guides free! The downside....they didn't have all you can drink water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.