Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
mtbr dismember
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nice to see all of you at Annadel today. You were all so gracious, especially Jasmina and The Law. I was in a reflective mood so despite considerable pain I continued on solo for another four hours and competed the 45+ mile Long A$$ Loop. But for today I am renaming it the Dumb A$$ Loop for two reasons:

1. I've been a dumb ass lately and I apologize to you all, even g-funk :thumbsup:
I learned today you folks are more important to me than I realized. I've deleted all my offensive posts. Next time you see me heading that way please say "step away from the keyboard".

2. I was in the dark for about the last half hour of my ride, and that included going all the way down North Burma :D

I have more to say here. Got some photos of some of you jumping. They are all blurry but show some good air. Special thanks to Cohenfive, a true friend for braving the "outlaw ride" with me :thumbsup:

·
heaven help me
3,098 Posts
wherewolf, after seeing the oringinal post i was seriously thinking about going on the ride as the weather and the day worked for me. i was hoping to meet and ride with all of you. however as this thread disinegrated i realized that i wanted to stay clear. after reading this post 2 things became clear to me. 1- on line i think we tend to speak before we think, and 2- those of us who are locals on our trails have a feeling of ownership of our parks. on the next ride in the north bay or rides later on in the spring that you guys post i will try and make them as i would to ride/meet all of you. i am impressed by honesty and your humbleness

·
Feeling a little taller
6,695 Posts
Steve - not sure what all the butt headedness was about but I'm glad that you and Nate have started working on resolving your differences. I hope that the next Annadel ride can be more smooth. As for the ride itself, it was good to see you along the way. As Dan51 mentioned in the other thread, our ride probably wouldn't have worked for you anyway with the consequences of folks getting lost, etc.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,558 Posts
Double Dumb Ass

Wherewolf said:
1. I've been a dumb ass lately and I apologize to you all, even g-funk :thumbsup:
I learned today you folks are more important to me than I realized. I've deleted all my offensive posts. Next time you see me heading that way please say "step away from the keyboard".
Steve I've been a dumb a$$ plenty of times, usually I realize how stupid I was way too late. I won't bring up any specific threads but they're out there.

In any case I'll bookmark this thread so if it ever comes up again I'll just link it :)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
it was good seeing all of you out there, i enjoyed riding with steve as always and had the extra bonus of hooking up with all you other good folk and coming back down cobblestone with you....had to run back home to see some kids i haven't seen in a while but am as always looking forward to the next ride...

·
aka dan51
5,988 Posts
Steve,
These kinds of stupid arguments and fights happen in families all the time.
Welcome to the HUGE MTBR family. :thumbsup:
I'm sure we'll see you at a future family gathering sometime soon.

-Dan

·
ballbuster
12,709 Posts
You know what?

After our 46 miler in November, I have a new found love of Rough Go... but only in the downhill direction. Maybe I need to ride it uphill a few times. :thumbsup:

That said, I can't wait for the next al day half century like ride. Too bad it is going to be a long time before I can do that again.... maybe when the kid hits 18 or so. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.