Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be hitting Annadel Saturday morning, probably arriving around 8:45 or so at the Channel Drive parking lot (past the gate, at the bottom of W. Richardson). Trying for an easy ride tomorrow, probably just up to the lake, and then (new trails for me) down Live Oak to Cobblestone.

Clay

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
You can......

cbc said:
Heh, I got my trails a little backwards. That would be Orchard to Cobblestone :) Or perhaps Live Oak to North Burma :)
.....get over to Orchard Loop/Cobblestone via the end of Live Oak, but if we told ya, we'd have to keel ya afterwords.........:nono: .......anyway then you could spin abit back down Channel Dr., hit the single track just after Ranger Bobs trailer, for a s/t finally back to the car. Just a thought if you wanted to end the ride on Cobblestone, I usually find it more enjoyable than N Burma :rolleyes:

Either way, enjoy your ride!

·
baggin ho's
737 Posts
Have fun, the trails are in great shape! be a man and climb to the top of marsh and bomb s. burma it's worth it. oh yeah, say hi to everyone you see. the anatude levels have been a bit high lately

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah, I noticed last weekend :( Not everyone is as friendly as you would think. I'm the one out there always saying hi to everyone I pass :) And, even pulling over to the side when people are coming up faster behind me :) I don't know about everyone else, but I'm there to have a good time :)
Clay

·
Bullit Rider
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ride was nice today. First time I've used a computer- it was interesting to see. Max speed of 18 mph, average speed of 6 mph, 1 1/2 hour ride time, 8 miles total. I did my "planned" ride of Richardson to the lake, Rough Go to Orchard to Cobblestone.
Rode around the lake twice and my rear tire blew out. The rim strip moved and one of the holes bit the tube. Luckily I had a spare tube, pump, and tools :) I continued on around the lake again, and then headed towards Rough Go. The Bullit surprised me being able to tackle a lot of the rocky sections in a point & shoot manner. I hit Orchard, and took it down to Cobblestone. That was an interesting trail- either smooth & silky or rough & rocky.
It wasn't really fun to change the tube on the singletrack next to the lake. I had no idea the soil there is kind of like sand... but I sure knew after sucking on my camelback again (which was lying in the dirt)! I thought I had the mouthpiece out of the dirt, but there was so much dust flying around.
The baby turkeys seem to be doing quite well out there :)
Clay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.