Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've been kicking this around in the slacker thread and other places. Who's in?

I'm thinking a 10am start time but I can be motivated to make it earlier if necessary.

It sounds like many people are interested in a 9am start from Channel Drive. I'm OK with that but I'd like to see a show of hands for who wants 9 and who wants 10.

I'm also interested to know who wants to carpool with me from P Hizzle. ATBScott? Cohenfive?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
But what about all the sales?:p

I'll try to be there.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Well, you can wake up at 4 and experience Black Friday or wake up at 9 and experience Black and Blue Friday...
Black and blue it is. And isn't it "buy nothing day". Can I still buy a burrito after the ride?

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Sounds good - we are supposed to get a bit of rain on Tuesday I have heard, so by Friday Annadel should be about perfecto!!! We were there weekend before last, the day after the Saturday rains. It rocked! Nearly perfect traction most places, and just enough mud and puddles to make it interesting in a few more. Any other SS'ers coming along? JMac47 gonna come out and burn us all up? I'll post it to the BB&T group, might have a few takers. Any potential route planned?

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ATBScott said:
Sounds good - we are supposed to get a bit of rain on Tuesday I have heard, so by Friday Annadel should be about perfecto!!! We were there weekend before last, the day after the Saturday rains. It rocked! Nearly perfect traction most places, and just enough mud and puddles to make it interesting in a few more. Any other SS'ers coming along? JMac47 gonna come out and burn us all up? I'll post it to the BB&T group, might have a few takers. Any potential route planned?
I'm picturing the usual 25-ish mile loop including down Lawndale and up Shultz. I'll have to consult the Wherewolf map for the listing of trail names.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
I have a few different 25-ish mile loops there! I'm penning it in. Also sent out a notice to the group for that day too - not sure who is in town or what, but I am sure a few people will add in! Pedal off some of the previous days' indulgence.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ATBScott said:
I have a few different 25-ish mile loops there! I'm penning it in. Also sent out a notice to the group for that day too - not sure who is in town or what, but I am sure a few people will add in! Pedal off some of the previous days' indulgence.
I'm not sure what route you were planning to take to get there but if you're going up 680, perhaps we could meet up and carpool?

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Bringing my single speed. Had a good time last outing. Be fun to do a different route than the usual use to of 2Q-Lawndale-Ridge-Burmas-Cobble.

·
heaven help me
2,889 Posts
baycat said:
Bringing my single speed. Had a good time last outing. Be fun to do a different route than the usual use to of 2Q-Lawndale-Ridge-Burmas-Cobble.
we could start at howarth park and ride the single track up to paintball, then catch the rest of canyon to marsh, then go where ever from there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm in. Just back from Europe where winter has already started so a bit of rain/mud won't stop me.... :D

What's the time / meeting place? Can't really determine that from the previous posts :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
o hai, i will be there with some socal homies. would love a slightly earlier start time, like 9 or 930?

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Friday?

Dan'ger said:
We've been kicking this around in the slacker thread and other places. Who's in?

I'm thinking a 10am start time but I can be motivated to make it earlier if necessary.
... already there. Dunno about kickoff time. Early is good. I vote for 9 AM meet, kickoff by 9:30.

I'll prolly drive myself in case I need to bug out early.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts