Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ride was great. No one got into a fight, no major injuries or mechanicals. Good riding with plenty of mud.

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

· Feeling a little taller
6,695 Posts
GuruAtma said:
The ride was great. No one got into a fight, no major injuries or mechanicals. Good riding with plenty of mud.

Here's a few pics:
Yes Indeed! A great ride!Summary Data Total Time (h:m:s) 4:30:53 13:09 pace Moving Time (h:m:s) 2:38:02 7:53 pace Distance (mi ) 20.03 Moving Speed (mph) 7.6 avg. 53.9 max. - NOT!Elevation Gain (ft) +3,202 / -3,087 - more like 2700' Temperature (°F) 56.1°F avg. 59°F high Wind Speed ( mph) NW 13.1 avg. NW 16.1 max. GOOGLE EARTH - http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/kml/episode.kml?episodePkValues=1855106(WTF is up with hyperlinks not working and not being able to copy/paste HTML?)

· Feeling a little taller
6,695 Posts
FatTire said:
um, are fights generaly a worry on your rides?
kewl pics
Hell! Fights are one of the main attractions of our rides! We drink Mountain Dew and then take turns punching each other in the face 'cause we're All Mountain like that!

· aka baycat
8,453 Posts
That was a great ride, and even better company. No drama or BS, just a lot of awesome singletrack, from fast and flowy on Lawndale to muddy and rocky on the Burmas, Rough Go and Boundary (which is steep!)

G-funk hooked us up with a treasure trove of libations, which we sampled at the beer bench.

We even found a great piece of "new" singletrack off the start of Two Quarry, which would be a lot more fun on the way down. Made for a good warmup, and some nice steep switchbacks. Call it "Where the **** Are We?"

Was a great ride, and especially since some new people had the chance to experience it. And the NEW pizza place was awesome, to bad they renamed it Lepe's :).

Only drama was those loud frogs, Ed's busted thumb and the key of coke that fell out of my Camelbak.

· aka dan51
5,988 Posts
Wherewolf said:
Be glad you did not follow me!
Steve,
It would have been nice to ride with you, but I have a feeling our pace would not have been right for you. We were not hauling arse, but quite the opposite. We had quite a few lengthy breaks, and your knees would have been begging to move.

-Dan

1. parking lot getting ready
2. some riders had a difficult time on the steep hills with wet rocks
3. climbing Two Quarry
4. I sat here for about 5 minutes waiting to take pictures of teh group that got lost :rolleyes:

Attachments

· aka dan51
5,988 Posts
More pix
1. Part way down Lawndale
2. bottom of Lawndale
I wanted to take some action shots, but that downhill is so friggin fun I just couldn't stop.
3. climbing Shultz (I think)
4. more
5. CHUM showing off :rolleyes:

Attachments

· Registered
882 Posts
Nice close-up

Of Nick's cables. I think dude in orange shirt needs some of those.

Fun ride. Annadel is great-- a little bit of everything in the trails. And, the getting lost part was fun too. Pretty sure our extra loop tacked on about an extra 5 miles and 2,000 feet of climbing...

Most importantly, it was good to have Felicia back! Yay! You wouldn't have known she's been off the bike since she still climbs faster than most of us.

Shiloh

· Mtbr Founder
35,715 Posts
Vey nice read for a fine Sunday morning.

On my ride, BigBoulder tried the 29er singlespeed. It took him a while to get the balance right. But once he got the training wheels off he was off the front. The man was flying. The only problem was he had the eye of the tiger on the big downhill trail. He kind of forgot the bike was fully rigid. He went up a double root jump and bounced off the root landing at full speed. He instantly got ejected and landed on his elbows and belly. We immediately got him three advils and a pitcher of Red Hook Ale and he was good to go. He'll be fine... until the dreaded first shower :eek:.

fc

· -_-
4,736 Posts
"Troy MacClure here, you might remember me..."

"..from such rides as Sea Otter SingleSpeed Social, and the Tell Me Again Why We're Riding Christmas morning when it's Frosty Out..." :)

Ok, great post, too bad some of us had to work. ;( So in my grief, I came upon this gem...

"I won't post pics until I pull off the gears."

Hee-hee-hee, can you say "Blackmail"? ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.