Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there folks. I am tempted to get one of these bikes due to their great price right now, but I gotta know...are they trail rideable at all? I put a post up about this on the downhill forum, but it isn't getting a lot of hits, so I though't I would ask here too. The trails are fairly easy with no steep climbs, but some of the longer climbs do lead to some steep, intense downhills that would be great on these bikes. The reason I want one of these bikes is because there are lots of stunts surrounding the main trail, and I have pushed my DJ bike to the limit on them. I am ready to step it up. I am worried about finding myself pushing from stunt to stunt though. One dude on the DH forum said these were AM bikes. Do yall agree? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree. The Ojiki and Aniki are more of an "all mountain" ride that gives you a granny ring up front. The things still weigh in aroung 40lbs so they will be a little bit of a grunt going up, but possible.

The Sohon on the otherhand only has the 1 ring upfront and with 8" of travel will not like to be pedaled uphill at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Aniki and ride it as an Agressive All Mountain, you can sweep up hills you just have to stay seated. I live in PA so I have to pedal for every turn I make and the Aniki works great for me. The Sachem is more of an All Mountain and still a great bike to check out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i hav the aniki.....ive taken it to diablo freeride park.....i havent done anything to it yet....but i saw a lot of people that have upgraded there forks and rear shocks and absolutely love their bike.....i say go for the aniki...u cant go wrong wen u get a thousand dollar bike for 500 bux...

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey dude!

I have a 07 ANIKI and I love it, u can abuse this bike and it wont happen anything to it, the fork is not the best but go for it, destroy it and then go for the upgrade, the rear shock in the 06's was a POS that's why IH changed to Fox Vanilla R bu still in some drop off or jumps you can botton it, Do the same and then upgrade it.

I have changed so far the pedal for a great Shimano plataforms with long pins and I put lock on grips from ODI....so far so good! Is heavy as hell (mine is like 45lbs), but after a couple of rides you get used to and then just imagine how you will fly when you try a lighter one...

If you already got it let us know how u like it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.