Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Angwin - It's Legit!

A Pacific Union College-owned forest with 35 miles of trails crossing more than 1,000 acres should be officially open to the public by month's end. The forest, like PUC, is located at Angwin in the mountains northeast of St. Helena.

The college, while tolerating unofficial public use of the forest, has never sanctioned it.

"This is an exciting one for us," Open Space District General Manager John Woodbury told the elected Board of Directors.

PUC Forest Manager Peter Lecourt ... called the 35 miles of trails a "true jewel." "The PUC forest is the premiere place to do outdoor forested recreation in Napa County," he said.

https://napavalleyregister.com/news...cle_0884d40b-31d2-5224-b56a-fafe031240cd.html

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I never knew it wasn’t legit. I do agree with the article though, the trails there are fantastic! Angwin to Dans to Valentines Vista to Moore Creek new stuff is top notch riding!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I was aware this was coming for awhile. Got the email this morning about that article.

Illegal trail building will be watched much more - only a select few are allowed to build up here.
More trails are being built. There is a new map, but it is already outdated.
The entire Ridge Rd has been cleared/deforested and the trails connecting to that road have been destroyed. A few have been repaired - more repairs coming soon.

The trails surrounding the CalFire Station and 4H Camp are off limits.
Including Full Moon Rock Trail/Vertigo/4H DH - if that changes, I'll let you know.
The Bay Area Ridge Trail will be re-directed around that area.
Be careful when poaching that area...'cause I know you will...
There have been folks that have been threatened with citations.

I would advise staying away from the CalFire Station and especially don't park/drive into their driveway or park anywhere near there. There is additional parking at the airport.

I will provide more info on the new route to DWR and advice on riding directly right from the trailhead towards that rocky meadow area....

Ride respectfully - please watch out for hikers/kids/mom's with strollers, etc. on some of the main routes - Mossy Rock Trail and surrounding fire roads.

Blue Post, Teepee Trail and my trail called The Dragon are dry and filled with loose leaves and gravel. I took a few hard falls descending those trails the past few weeks.
Those trails are much better when wet. The trails up top are still in great shape.

--------------------------

Welcome to my backyard! Enjoy your new bike park!
Want route recommendations? I ride up here almost every day.
https://www.strava.com/athletes/1816044

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How and Why was my headline changed?

That's very odd. If someone is changing my content w/o any notice or attribution, does that mean all of our posts are subject to arbitrary changes?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Not likely.

Just spoke with a few people that are in charge.
All fire roads and trails in Las Posadas State Forest are off limits.

Still trying to pin them down on what areas are still accessible directly right of the trail head.

As of right now, there is no access to Moore Creek Park from Angwin.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
So what does the top of Dan's wild Ride mean? I was think of ride up moore creek, and DWR tomorrow, and back down. Can I ride to the end of DWR or not
Only the last few hundred yards is closed before it hits the forest service road. When you get to a clearing and see a big tree with a black knotted rope swing play on it then turn back around.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.