Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bridges have been repaired/rebuilt and the trail was reopened yesterday. Pretty greasy on foot though, a few dry days would help a little. Millstone Trails, Websterville VT.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The bridges have been repaired/rebuilt and the trail was reopened yesterday. Pretty greasy on foot though, a few dry days would help a little. Millstone Trails, Websterville VT.
Glad to hear that the Gnome is open again. I can't wait to see what they have done in there!
What's up with the Harrington trails? (TrailHub says they're not open.) Are they wet or awaiting bridge repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear that the Gnome is open again. I can't wait to see what they have done in there!
What's up with the Harrington trails? (TrailHub says they're not open.) Are they wet or awaiting bridge repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some work is happening at Harrington's this morning (bridge repair), now open under caution - watch out for trailworkers!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Just posted on FB: Angry Gnome, Scream'n Demon, Roller Coaster, and Hike-A-Bike will be closed Monday July 15th through the end of the season. These trails are on State managed land and evidence of the Emerald Ash Borer Beetle necessitates the immediate logging of the surrounding woods which has led to this closure. We anticipate continued access to the Grand Lookout Trail during this time and the Harrington Heights area will be accessible from Barre Town School as well as the Websterville Gateway Trail.

We thank you for your patience and understanding during this closure. Further information regarding the status of the trails affected will be shared as it becomes available.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Went over to Barre on Monday. That stuff is still all closed unless you park at the school, which doesn't make a ton of sense if you want a long-ish ride connecting the town forest stuff. And I'll be totally honest, I wouldn't drive the 2 hours over there again to ride just the town forest. I'd ride it all the time if I were local but its not much of a destination anymore without all those signature trails. The guy at VT bike shop seems to think that section will never re-open. Bummer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.