Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've researched this to death and fear the answer is "not possible" but thought I'd ask the pros' here.

I really want to slacken my headset angle by 1-2 degrees (preferably the latter). The problem is, works and crank don't do anything that will fit. The headtube is 115mm long, 42mm/52mm with integrated headset.
Headset angle is currently 69, reckon the bike would be perfect with 2 degrees less and drop post fitted.
Anyone know of any way round this?

Cheers

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,506 Posts
Longer fork is your only way.
Or maybe short-shocking the rear.
Please don’t post in multiple places.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Hi all,

I've researched this to death and fear the answer is "not possible" but thought I'd ask the pros' here.

I really want to slacken my headset angle by 1-2 degrees (preferably the latter). The problem is, works and crank don't do anything that will fit. The headtube is 115mm long, 42mm/52mm with integrated headset.
Headset angle is currently 69, reckon the bike would be perfect with 2 degrees less and drop post fitted.
Anyone know of any way round this?

Cheers
Have you tried calling Cane Creek directly? CONTACT US - Cane Creek Cycling Components

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well you can wait for the update rumor has coming as a 2020. Hopefully geo and tire clearance like the non RC Sparks.
What are the rumours saying? I was thinking of possibly updating the Scott to a Santa Cruz Chameleon C if unable to tweek to perfection 😂 though I doubt my wallet would stretch that far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.