Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some more race practice today, at Walnut Creek here in Austin. The weather was on the cool side for us Austinites: cloudy, in the 40s, with some drizzle now and again.

I got only a few pictures snapped before my battery died.

Attachments

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Our emphasis was on speed through lightness, so there was plenty of launching, hopping, floating and whatnot. Everyone did a great job and had a fun time.

As luck would have it, the only times that I managed to catch someone in the air, it was Shawn. Here he is in action.

Thanks for sharing another fun dose of speedwork with me, you guys!

Attachments

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone *really* likes orange!! ;)

Thanks for the contribution, norton55. That looks like a really fun rock garden to play on.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
Free racing advice

paraphrased from Ned Overend a few years back in a mag somewhere:

...when asked how he consistently beat the other racers, he said: " Just mash down harder on the pedals".

He was kidding of course, but I always liked it. However, when I put it into practice for the Test of Metal, my only race, I came in DFL. *sigh* A racer I'm not.

Good luck with your 'mashing', Jim

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Just make sure.....

norton55 said:
i see that bike mag did a story on the trails in and around austin.
looks like austin is the best of both worlds. :D
....that Trailseeker and Crimson get photo credit when those shots make it to print somewhere, maybe even that Austin mag!!:thumbsup:

Looks like Rockville to me. yes? :skep:

*Edit-Hey Scorpionwoman sorry for the diversion, but how far is Plano from where you usually ride in Austin? Thx in advance.

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JMac47 said:
sorry for the diversion, but how far is Plano from where you usually ride in Austin? Thx in advance.
Diversions are fun!

JMac47, I must admit that my first response to your question was that Austin is on a whole other planet than Plano. :cool:

But to answer your question, I ride mostly on trails right in Austin, so it's a 3 to 3 1/2 hour trip down I35 from you.

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Who me? A Texan?.....

scorpionwoman said:
Diversions are fun!

JMac47, I must admit that my first response to your question was that Austin is on a whole other planet than Plano. :cool:

But to answer your question, I ride mostly on trails right in Austin, so it's a 3 to 3 1/2 hour trip down I35 from you.
....no no. But I could relocate if there's alot of building going on out there.:D Things are slooow here in CA.

Anyway, I've been corresponding with someone in Plano who's getting into mtb and I was wondering about how close the trails you ride were. I was too lazy to do a google and zero in on the 2 areas to see proximity to each other..:eek:

Thanks

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Bizarro said:
well well...very nice. Wonder where this "walnut creek" is? ;)
I'm hoping to someday fly over the big chunky stuff like you do. :)

You and that bike can climb, too. :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.