Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I finally took some pics of the new RX. It was freezing outside and it was getting dark so I didn't have the time to give her a proper cleaning but, then again, a little dirt just adds character right? She'll start looking even better once the new fork (Fox F100X) and brakes (Magura Marta SL's in red) are mounted in the next couple of weeks but, until then, here she is.

Wheels are next but I'm probably not getting those until around June as I'm waiting for the release of some wheels from an as yet un-named manufacturer. Until then, I'll cruise the Hope Pro II's for a while longer.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
She's a beaut......gonna be amazing once you get the fork and brakes and final wheelbuild on it......that'll shave almost 2 lbs off your current build and then you'll be posting first next pictures...........

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Now that brings wood into a mans life................ Looks hot C O C......... Dang it is going to look sick when the brakes arrive............ Go you good thing you....

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Amazing Cranx! That red looks very sweet and I doubt the camera shows it as well as in real life...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To really appreciate the color I'll need to take a few shots of it in bright sunlight but I'll wait until everything's put together before I put those up.

I kinda like the stainless cable idea but I've always wondered as to how having the cables rub against the frame would effect the finish. It seems like they would cause more damage than standard housings. Could someone enlighten me on the subject?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pachaven said:
Great Pics Cranx! The carbon rear stays look fast. Is the rear D. hanger red?
Yup. :thumbsup: Titus put some serious attention to detail on this thing.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
CranxOC said:
To really appreciate the color I'll need to take a few shots of it in bright sunlight but I'll wait until everything's put together before I put those up.

I kinda like the stainless cable idea but I've always wondered as to how having the cables rub against the frame would effect the finish. It seems like they would cause more damage than standard housings. Could someone enlighten me on the subject?
Nokon's and clear 3M film on the rub areas. Awesome looks and performance to boot.........:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
627 Posts
How come I can see the pictures :cryin: ?

Not fair. I'd love to see the shots of your racer-x. Can you try to repost them or can someone provide me with some insight on how to see them?

Where do I get the 3M clear film to protect my frame?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You must have something set incorrectly on your computer because they seem to be showing up just fine. Check your settings.

·
MountainGoat aka OldGoat
832 Posts
Hey Cranx,
It was great to meet you yesterday at the trail head of Aliso. You were with a group of guys who all had the Geoladders jerseys. Is that a group ride or are you guys a team?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pachaven said:
Hey Cranx,
It was great to meet you yesterday at the trail head of Aliso. You were with a group of guys who all had the Geoladders jerseys. Is that a group ride or are you guys a team?
It was great meeting you as well (although you did give my buddies more fuel to torch me with for having a "pink bike" :D ). As for the group, it's actually a race team (www.teamgeoladders.com). We're still working on a full title sponsor (if you know of anyone, I'd love to hear about them) so our colors will probably be changing soon but, the guys you met make up most of the team. The only guys that weren't there were Mike (Murmur), Doug (Doug Andrews) and Jon (Napoleon D).

Hopefully we can get a ride in together some time. I'd love to see your brother-in-law's bike when it comes in!

BTW, did you decide to get the Crank Brothers' crankset? If so, shoot me an email, I have some info for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.