Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic cast of wet conditions, too much weight on over the front wheel, a steep decent and a rapid transition to level...also I think there was a tree root involved in there somewhere too. Then next thing I knew I was arse over teakettle and tangled up in the bike. Fortunately compared to most others on this thread, all I got out of it is a sore wrist, a sore and stiff knee and a small chunk out of my shin where the pedal bit me.

The odd thing was that my (minor) injuries are all outside of the safety gear that I had on (helmet, gloves and knee pads). Oh well, guess I'll let everything heal up and try it again next weekend

The only good thing to come out of it was that I know that at 58 I can still take a tumble.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Glad to hear you 'bounced back' but I will tell you...it does not get better from here! I ride 3X/week year round in NE so there's plenty of slippery conditions, rocks, roots, muck, logs, ice, etc. My last good crash was at 58 about 1.5 years ago. It was a cold January night ride...I went OTB and cratered into the frozen tundra. Ended up with a Grade 3 shoulder separation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.