Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bringing home a seriously wounded warrior to offset all the beautiful pristine bikes we've been blessed with lately:

Sorry Miquel, but don't feel bad...it's in horrible shape and I had to pay the asking price because he had a hundred other e-mails begging for it. I should have passed, but I'm a sucker for the really ugly ones.

Steve

·
artistic...
7,652 Posts
eastcoaststeve said:
Not sure what direction to take this one, so I'm going to start with a cleaning and let the bike tell me what to do.

If nothing else, Eastcoaststeve finally has an East Coast bike.:)

Steve
she will take you to th nearest trail and have you drop the nastiest thing possible.
mine is the same color....

bulleys hubs, 2 speeds, xtr cantis, yo fork. not bad.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
IF52 said:
Wow, ouch! Poor bike, who would let something like that happen!?
I'm envisioning some out of shape, former MTB rider, who had a kid going to college, that needed a way to get around. So it got the salty end of hell, for a few years. I have a Tange Prestige Ultralight Barracuda with the same story....

Rock the heck out of it!

·
The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A few more detail shots for those without squeamish tummies..

Anyone recognize the seatpost clamp, it seems well made?

Guess where it picked up most of it's corrosion...

The seller was an incredibly nice guy who believed bikes are meant to be ridden hard. It was raced by him back in the early days of singlespeed classes, and he mentioned running with some pretty well know guys. It went with him to Hawaii for work (commercial diver/engineer) and I'm guessing that was the begining of it's current state.
He was pleased to know I'd give it some TLC and happy that I'd keep riding it until it disintegrated ;) .

Steve

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
The seat post bolt looks like Control Tech.

Hawaii bike? Boy, that would scare me. With all the surface rust, I wouldn't be too surprised if that thing is eaten away with rust from the inside out. But, if it's a project you want, you picked a good one...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.