Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be cool to create a place to post up pics and details about the cool features us front rangers ride on, over, under and through. Pics with details like line choice, surface condition, and Physical/mental factor for consideration. Let the show begin, Guys!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been out of the loop for a bit, sorry guys. So here is my ante up. There is this Front Range "Feature" (1 of 3 arches that I've stumbled across). The approach is wide open and does require a good tuck too pass through especially with a pack on. This one is located in Colorado Springs. Any guesses as to where?

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike Mountain biking

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that there is a tiny one in RRCOS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll have to keep an eye out for the Arch in Red Rock Canyon. I'm guessing it would be around the section 16 connector as there is a lot of weathered sandstone formation in that area? Anyway the arch pictured below is in Ute Valley Park just north/west of Beer n' Brats.

·
50 states in my 50s
2,758 Posts
"And now for our FEATURE presentation"

Ok, only because I happened to get this photo this weekend. North Elk near Evergreen. I guess this is a feature...

When you get to the slabs turn left for the roll down. It looks steep but is really easy. The main trail loops around it and is good for climbing back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet action shot! Looks like a fun rock garden. I love that kind of techy stuff. Sounds perfect for sessioning, being able to loop that trail back to the top of the slabs.

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Sweet. I need to ride with you guys apparently, I did the magic school bus tour out there and had fun but didn't find a ton of tech.
That rock roll in scar's video is really just a side feature, it's not on the main trail. And most of that trail is pretty tame...

The second pic in my post is from Grouse Ridge in Steamboat... and there is no shortage of tech on that Bad Larry.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Been out of the loop for a bit, sorry guys. So here is my ante up. There is this Front Range "Feature" (1 of 3 arches that I've stumbled across). The approach is wide open and does require a good tuck too pass through especially with a pack on. This one is located in Colorado Springs. Any guesses as to where?

View attachment 1275239
Ute valley has a nice arch. Is this it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here's one in a place I was very surprised with. We were just eyeing it up at this point but we did hit it. It continues down a long path of rocks and rolls.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These hoodoo's are located just Northeast of Colorado Springs and there is a trail that runs right between them. I've seen lightning strike these guys from less that 50' away. Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle clothing Outdoor recreation

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.