Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to a trail in the area called "beer run" I've heard of it before mentioned, but not experienced it.
I am surprised to have seen so many freeride stunts. I didn't expect to see anything like it in my area here, there's fresh construction all over the place, most of it is pretty solid looking too...others, not so much


Bad news is that I bent the hell out of my fork...I didn't even bail very hard. only one small bruise, no scrapes. I was pretty bummed

Good news is I bought an 05 Brodie Holeshot that's pimped quite well while White Brothers repairs my poor dual crown --which might take a while...

anyhoo here's some pixors
 

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
Karupshun said:
look at the crown in relation to the axle. It should run parallel, but doesn't

that and I can't get the axle back in...
Dual crown has a lower with stem & a upper. The fork tubes are aligning every thing. If they are twisted in the clamps you should be able to loosen the bolts & realign. :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
a few more pics of some stunts

the first pic is great construction, and has a second taller drop behind the trees

The second is a teeter on a ramp that I didn't ride, it came right after I bailed.

The third pic has 3 different lines, with only the middle one being made correctly. the one on the left was made out of fallen larch trees nailed together. Larch splits worse than cedar, and I almost fell through just walking it:eekster: the line furthest away has been made out of pallets...with tons of discarded nails everywhere
 

Attachments

·
Old No. 7
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
It looks like you only twisted the lowers a bit. Just loosen all the stem/crown bolts, and twist it back, then retighten.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dogonfr said:
Dual crown has a lower with stem & a upper. The fork tubes are aligning every thing. If they are twisted in the clamps you should be able to loosen the bolts & realign. :rolleyes:
the left lower is bent about 3/4" forwards, and twisted a few degrees out. The left leg won't return to full travel either I doubt this would have happened in the lowers were a one-peice cast.

I have no problem sliding the crowns on and off, but the problem lies in the lower itself
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
Karupshun said:
the left lower is bent about 3/4" forwards, and twisted a few degrees out. The left leg won't return to full travel either I doubt this would have happened in the lowers were a one-peice cast.

I have no problem sliding the crowns on and off, but the problem lies in the lower itself
Do you have better pic's :confused: from the one your showing it just looks twisted, same things happens to moto's. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dogonfr said:
Cool :cornut:

Sweet pic's.
here's a pic without any crowns on, it's pretty twisted at the arch, but the stanchions aren't bent at all, so I am pretty lucky at that. Sorry the second one is blurry, I was in a hurry this morning

I am going to have to send it off, the right leg won't hold it's air anymore, and I can't compress the spring in the left more than 1"
 

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
Karupshun said:
here's a pic without any crowns on, it's pretty twisted at the arch, but the stanchions aren't bent at all, so I am pretty lucky at that. Sorry the second one is blurry, I was in a hurry this morning

I am going to have to send it off, the right leg won't hold it's air anymore, and I can't compress the spring in the left more than 1"
I see it twisted the arch where it's pressed into the lower's. Dang that suxz. :madman: :madman:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dogonfr said:
I see it twisted the arch where it's pressed into the lower's. Dang that suxz. :madman: :madman:
Ya, it's total balls. Fernie bike park opens in a couple weeks, and I didn't want to rock opening weekend on a hardtail. At least I am not walking:thumbsup:

This is why one-peice cast lowers are used pretty much by everyone, but White Bros these days
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top