Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
OOOOOOUUUUCCCCHHH!!!!
you sure that's not cactuscorn's bike?

Damm man that sucks bigtime could you provied some more details?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Cucucachu said:
A few Freds were stopped on the wrong part of the trail and quick decision was required. The line chosen lead to...
You turned that bike into a Nomad:thumbsup: I wonder if that's how Santa Cruz does it.

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
In retrospect, would it have been wiser to simply ride straight into the Freds? Perhaps impacting their soft bodies would have saved your bike! And the added lesson they would have learned about hanging out in the middle of the trail would have been valuable. ;)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Head angle is pretty steep, and with that short wheelbase it should be fast in the tight twisty stuff.

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
the only thing quelling my nausea is knowing the Turner CS will take care of you somehow

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Talk about "crunch time"... :eekster:

Makes you wonder which would be worse, waiting a few days for your new frame to show up and rebuilding your bike, or possibly waiting a few days to get out of the hospital and spending the next few months healing...

and btw - please help educate fellow trail users to not block the trail!

pss- something to be said for controlling your speed on multi-user trails as well...

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
xjbebop said:
pss- something to be said for controlling your speed on multi-user trails as well...
Control of one's speed isn't allways a way to avoid a collision. Once you commit to a steep drop line where you can't initially see the trail below it, speed or applying the brakes is a non-issue. I usually yell real loud at the freds, and if I do stop, I let them know how focking stupid they are for deciding to take a break right in the middle of the trail. I have lost count of how many times that has happened to me when riding dh at the resorts. Some people have no focking common sense

·
1,316 Posts
Downtube tire clearance???

Wow, I've seen pics of tire contact against the rear of the seat tube but never of front tire, front side of down tube kiss. That takes talent!

Glad your buddy walked away from that...

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
I'll bet that head angle and shorter wheelbase makes it a singletrack BEAST!!!!

The Nomad comment was too funny!

Had that been me .. they would have carted me off the hill on a stretcher and straight to the ER.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts