Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Road/XC/Freeride
Joined
·
376 Posts
Interesting bikes.



[ignore]What rear shock is that, it's not listed in the specs - looks like a Marz Roco with an inverted resovoir?[/ignore]

Just found out Ancillotti make shocks:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
You can argue the differences between single pivots all day. That doesn't change the wheel-path. Wheel-path affects performance more than any other characteristic. SMT is right it's still just a single pivot.
 

·
Bum Buzzer
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
DeepSouthBuilder said:
You can argue the differences between single pivots all day. That doesn't change the wheel-path. Wheel-path affects performance more than any other characteristic. SMT is right it's still just a single pivot.
SP rules - why else is EVERY MX bike on the planet SP?

because other suspension designs are for PEDALING.

If SP is such a liability, why do the top cats still win on them? Yes they can win on anything - but they are riding against eachother - the people that can win on anything - the advantage applies - where is there ANY logic ANY where in ANY of these anti-SP comments?

No-Where!
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,005 Posts
DeepSouthBuilder said:
You can argue the differences between single pivots all day. That doesn't change the wheel-path. Wheel-path affects performance more than any other characteristic. SMT is right it's still just a single pivot.
if you are a top rider who pumps through turns to get more speed then a single pivot is real nice....for the average Joe SP's are a disadvantage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
SP rules - why else is EVERY MX bike on the planet SP?

because other suspension designs are for PEDALING.

If SP is such a liability, why do the top cats still win on them? Yes they can win on anything - but they are riding against eachother - the people that can win on anything - the advantage applies - where is there ANY logic ANY where in ANY of these anti-SP comments?

No-Where!
The suspension on an MX bike is irrelavent to mountain bikes. They have about 150 times more power than humans. Not to mention they have to stay simple to avoid burning through bearings. The linkage pieces would also have to be hardcore overbuilt.
I didn't say there weren't SPs I like. It's just that for 90% of riding I think you can do better.

I'm out of this conversation now.
 

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
Joined
·
42,274 Posts
Here we go again. Who opened up a can - O - worms? Check out the archives and see how many thread's discuss this over and over and over. Single Pivot versus ??? whatever pivot. Pull up a chair and grab a beer we may be here awhile. ;) :D
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,005 Posts
DIRTJUNKIE said:
Here we go again. Who opened up a can - O - worms? Check out the archives and see how many thread's discuss this over and over and over. Single Pivot versus ??? whatever pivot. Pull up a chair and grab a beer we may be here awhile. ;) :D
he surrendered all ready.......
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,005 Posts
Huck Banzai said:
If you mean me, I surrender nothing; Ill stick with logic and avoid passion skewing my view unto err....
nah ...deep south
 

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
Joined
·
42,274 Posts
Speaking of single pivot designs. I saw in a mag. today that Santa Cruz is bringing back the Bullitt for 07' or 08'. It has been out of production for two years. Way cool design and I think it should continue it's cult like following.:thumbsup:

"Give Me Back My Bullitt's " Courtesy of Leanard Skynard.
 

·
Road/XC/Freeride
Joined
·
376 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
if you are a top rider who pumps through turns to get more speed then a single pivot is real nice....
Really? TBH I didn't know that - have to add it to my 'defending SP' artillery :)
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top