Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Heart/Whistle Lake trails at the ACFL are rideable?

We're still snowed in here in B'ham and a bunch of folks are starting to get stir crazy, Galby and Chuckanut are pretty much unrideable right now and we're jonesin' to get on some dirt (or rideable snow). Based on the snow on Chuckanut today, I'm 99% sure Blanchard is in the same state.

ACFL is our only hope.......anyone got some info.?

Cheers,
EB

·
Registered
246 Posts
A week ago, Heart was a very rideable snow ride. It only had 6 inch total in the trees, but with the foot traffic on the trails, it was packed enough that the tires didn't really sink in it. I bet it is either pretty clear or good enough anyway. With the lack of big climbs on that side, should be fun regardless of what you find.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I opted to go for a snow hike / recon session on Galby yesterday. Still a ton of snow on the south side of the hill (Galby Lane). Got up to the bottom of the Luge before the winds started whipping and trees were cracking, so we got outta dodge. Can't imagine that side of the hill being ridable anytime soon.

My buddies ended up riding Anacortes and gave it a good review. Sounds like they parked down at Heart Lake and then rode up to the Whistle lake trails. Apparently, there were patches of snow where they had to push, but they said most of it was rideable and they got some of the good views as well.

Cheers,
EB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.