Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I make light things heavy
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ridding at Silverton this weekend was sooooooooooo great! The trails were steep and the stunts were radical. I realize that it must have taken a huge amount of effort to make all of it ready for us to ride. So, thank you to all who made it happen. Not only was the mountain itself great but the vibe and the people were cool. I got to meet Josh Bender and his dog, I got to ride a portion of a trail with Lance Canfield, and I got my doors blown off by Greg Herbold. Granted I am totally new to this kind of an event but it was supremely cool to get to share trails with some of the guys at the core of our sport who live the dream every day, inspiring all of us to keep on ridding. I for one thought is was a really fantastic event and will be back for as many years as it continues. I hope every one else was as stoked on it as I was.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It was a great weekend, there is not anything that can compare to riding that kind of terrain with Bender then there were the shuttles rides. It was my first trip to Silverton I hope it is not my last.
Good luck back in Virgin Josh, thanks for a great weekend.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have also had my best riding experience there, even though my front brake failed halfway down. I am lucky to get in 6 days of downhilling a year, living in houston tx. but If I could only ride one place it would be there.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That weekend was awesome.. The trails there are awesome.. :madman: They need to offer more hours for the money, $27!! They shut the lift at 11 am and we never got any discount for the next day or they should at least run it when the clouds dispurse.. We even gave some t-shirts for prizes, I felt ripped off.. ..Ran outta money.. Probly go back someday..

·
Is the bike OK?
982 Posts
Peter's fine. By the time Kirk, Ben, and myself got into hisER room on Sunday night they were ready to check him out. He's got typical concussion symptoms like haziness and not knowing when to eat but he's got full memory and no body injuries. He's ready to get back on his bike but not without a full-face helmet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.