Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have your attention, this is just a quick message to note a few things that'll make this event as fun as it's looking like it will be.

1) If you have room in your vehicle or stop through town, please pick up a bag or two of ice. We'll have plenty of beer, but so far, no real way of keeping it cold. We need LOTS of ICE. Two days worth.

2) We could use large garbage cans (30+ gallon) if anyone has one or four. For the kegs. Reply here if you can bring one up.

3) In case we overfill the Packsaddle Campground, there are two campgrounds 1/4 mile back down the road, Berger and Diablo. Packsaddle will still be Gathering HQ, but this may be overflow camping if we're at the limit.

4) There may be an issue with the number of vehicles, which could attract very negative attention to our group. There's an easy fix and it's up to each person to make it happen. Find an out of the way place to park your car if you are contributing to a used car parking lot. Like any campground, there's a limited number of cars allowed per site, we'll stretch that a bit, but we can't be stupid about it. There are a few options right around the campground area, so we'll all work together on this one.

5) Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice. Ice.

That is all. Go about your business.

By the way, I cannot wait for this weekend. It's been a long time a comin'.

Woot!

Kyle

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
utheissen said:
How large are the kegs?
Where to pick up?
I expect to be totally packed but there should always be room for a keg..
Uli
Uli, the kegs are okay, we just need large garbage cans to put them in.

·
I'm disrespectful to dirt
479 Posts
Yup - I'm wondering how everyone's going to fit in that campground.

Theoretically, only 15 cars are "paid for" to park there, Dustbunny charmed the ranger last year so all the extra cars were overlooked - but if it starts looking like a valet parking lot this year, they might get nervous.

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
A good way to keep the kegs cold that we used to do is to dig a hole (only has to be about half as deep as the keg is high) and put the keg in a trash bag in the hole, then fill the trash bag with ice. Or we could just use trash cans. Either way I'll pick up some ice on the way up.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
I have 2 or 3 trash cans that haven't been used as trash cans. Are they needed? I can also bring 100# of ice. I don't want to haul any excess, but want to help.

Let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.