Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is taking off early today for us to go on a ride, but where to go???

She doesn't like the rock garden at Hall, but how is the climb up from the new lot? She likes to climb, is a spin class freak and commutes by bike daily, but I need to take it easy on her (not too much tech) to make her want to ride trail more. Anything else in the Lyons area that won't put me to sleep or kill her ride?

·
trail waggler
1,425 Posts
Antelope not bad...

Just a steady climb on a mix of double track and some nice twisty singletrack switchbacks. I've taken Rachel up that way before, but she likes the Rock Garden more :cool:

Rabbit Mountain is supposed to be good for a less technical ride, though alittle short. Maybe Betasso?

Starting to rain up here.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
raining here too...

I've found Betasso's good, Heil is good.

Antelope up hall is great for an easy way up.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Second on Rabbit Mtn.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
daveM said:
Just a steady climb on a mix of double track and some nice twisty singletrack switchbacks. I've taken Rachel up that way before, but she likes the Rock Garden more :cool:

Rabbit Mountain is supposed to be good for a less technical ride, though alittle short. Maybe Betasso?

Starting to rain up here.
Took her to Hall, via the Antelope trail. Wow, I never knew that trail was anything other than double track. It was right up her alley and so was the upper portion of Hall. We rode between the showers and the trail was in great shape. Saw ibmkidIII on the trail and ignazjr at Oscar's...

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
We got freaking dumped on....was riding in a river back to the car

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ibmkidIII said:
We got freaking dumped on....was riding in a river back to the car
Hehe, it started in pretty heavy by the time we had gotten to Oscar's, figured you guys were swimming.

On a positive note, our bikes got really clean on the car, so today will be a great day to do some wrenching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts