Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this seller to clarify his ad title claiming 'Horst Link' for this 5-Spot. If you look at the pics, you can clearly see it is TNT. He first responded saying it isnt Horst Link, then went on to post the ridiculousness below.......Enjoy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140373960130&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

'After talking to Lj Miller, International Sales Manager at Turner. Lj stated that a Hoist link will have a pivot just above the rear dropout (see picture) and the DW-Link rear end will be solid-attaching to black pivot plates. As a seller with 100% feed back I'm confirming this frame is a HOIST LINK and all other naysayers will ride tawdry suspension frames in purgatory.

Lj Miller
International Sales Manager
Turner Suspension Bicycles
951.677.1711 ext. 204 '

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
Buzz said:
'After talking to Lj Miller, International Sales Manager at Turner. Lj stated that a Hoist link will have a pivot just above the rear dropout (see picture) and the DW-Link rear end will be solid-attaching to black pivot plates. As a seller with 100% feed back I'm confirming this frame is a HOIST LINK and all other naysayers will ride tawdry suspension frames in purgatory.
He can confirm that it's an imaginary suspension type all he wants, but if some sucker buys this frame thinking it's a Horst link and then finds out his not this guys 100% positive feedback rating is going to go to sh!t.

Another misleading statement: 'Please disregard the Questions and answers about this item below regarding HOST LINK.'

Uh, the questions are legit dude. It's amazing that he spells the world incorrectly two different ways (hoist and host), and they're both non-existent suspension types. Maybe English isn't the sellers first language? :skep:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
PCinSC said:
He can confirm that it's an imaginary suspension type all he wants, but if some sucker buys this frame thinking it's a Horst link and then finds out his not this guys 100% positive feedback rating is going to go to sh!t.

Another misleading statement: 'Please disregard the Questions and answers about this item below regarding HOST LINK.'

Uh, the questions are legit dude. It's amazing that he spells the world incorrectly two different ways (hoist and host), and they're both non-existent suspension types. Maybe English isn't the sellers first language? :skep:
If someone buys that frame thinking it's a HL, they know absolutely nothing about Turner frames, especially after seeing the chainstays :D

Regardless, it is a nice bike, hopefully not a scam. Maybe it's his wifes bike & he does not ride :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Wtf?

Ok, my question is, why post the questions for everyone to read? I mean, I can see posting one, to correct the info, but he posted about 5 of them all saying the same thing... He does have the option to not show those questions or answers, what a maroon.

·
Registered
505 Posts
turnerbikes said:
Horst link or not, that thing looks brand new and is a beauty.

The other post about an EBay RFX is actually an XC or XCE, not bad, but certainly not the totally gnar core RFX.

DT
I tried to tell the seller nicely his RFX was a 98-99 XCE, but he assured me that Turner said it was an RFX when he contacted them/you...

Anyway its unlikely to get a bid at that price...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.