Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
middle ring single track
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else is not following the Tour d' Calif this year?

Just realized that it's now in its third day and coming to a town near me.

The bit in the news this AM about the discrimination in the Women's Race is what alerted me that it had already started.

Meh.

·
Rider, Builder, Dreamer
1,383 Posts
The Israel Cycling Development used my shop as the location for a media event Friday morning, then rolled out with some of the shop staff and a couple customers for mellow ride. The Amgen photog who was there asked if we could zoom out with them in the Moto for a few minutes to get some shots.

General consensus is that shooting from a sidecar is way more rad than shooting from the back of GS, so I went out with the same photog (who is Sagan's photographer as well) for a shoot with the Bora team on Saturday. That was pretty fun.

That's it for my involvement and attention span.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
I was planning on taking a few days off to watch the finish in Morgan Hill, and the start from Laguna seca....here I am at work.

The TV will suffice.

G

·
Who else is not following the Tour d' Calif this year?

Just realized that it's now in its third day and coming to a town near me.

The bit in the news this AM about the discrimination in the Women's Race is what alerted me that it had already started.

Meh.
Wrong site...this is MTBR :)

·
middle ring single track
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We used to have dozens of mtbr folks climb Quimby road and wait up there for the peloton. Ahhh, good roadie times.
I blame it on e-bikes. I bet the MTB'ers will still be out there; just ashamed to post up that they are planning to/did ride their e-bikes.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Over the weekend i was thinking of taking the train to sac for stage one or drive out to the only point where you could see um twice and decided it would be a lot easier..read cheaper to watch it on TV. Stage 2 was gnarly with sagan saying the tour was too tough and that he didnt care if he won another stage or the race and cav just dropping off the back and bonking with ~70 miles left...

Todays mt hamilton stage should be good but the weather seems like it could impact the remaining stages. Didnt they move the tour to May for better weather years ago?

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
It was funny watching Sagan's interview after the first stage, the commentator was asking Sagan a bunch of times why he comes here and what makes this race so special, Sagan was really polite in saying he comes here because he gets paid to come here. We Americans love to pat ourselves on the back.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Peter Sagan is a god.

But there is a new force greater than Sagan. Maybe, much greater. It is such an unknown since he is so new to the road scene.

He is the Cross Champ.

He was podium guy at the World Championship of XC Mountain Bike.

And then he did something in Amstel Gold that is unfathomable. He is worth following. So road is worth following.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Go look at the 2019 XC World Cup thread, they're not too impressed by Van Der Poel over there, technically this would be his first year in the Elite rankings (24years old). He's strong, can race any discipline, rips moto and dirt jumps too.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Go look at the 2019 XC World Cup thread, they're not too impressed by Van Der Poel over there, technically this would be his first year in the Elite rankings (24years old). He's strong, can race any discipline, rips moto and dirt jumps too.
Who's not impressed? Van Der Poel is a cyclocross rider.

He's just starting to make a go of this road and mtb thing. He really is in uncharted territory. It's like my man Ohtani-san.

Nino Schurter btw is one of the greatest of all time. He is the perfect package and the perfect trainee. And he can descend like a god! But he is worried.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.