Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, are you willing to pay more for "Made in the USA" frame?

If so, at what $$$ amount (premium) would you be willing to pay, if any.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

·
The Martian
1,200 Posts
Yes.

How much more depends on how much I'm spending to begin with, financial situation at the time, etc. I wouldn't pay a 50% hike just to have the bike made in the US though.

I also tend to be willing to pay a small percentage more to companies, regardless of origin, whose business practices and ethics I approve of over their competition.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Many USA made frames are made by boutique bicycle builders. You get what you pay for. I probably wouldn't pay the premium, though, because I don't have the extra money. Some examples would be Turner, Ellsworth, Ventana, and Titus. Cannondale would be the first non-boutique builder that comes to mind.

Made in the USA does appeal to me, so if I am comparing two <$1500 complete bikes, I'd pay $2-300 more for a USA made bike.

CougarTrek said:
How much more depends on how much I'm spending to begin with, financial situation at the time, etc. I wouldn't pay a 50% hike just to have the bike made in the US though.
that is true for me too (edit: though i'd be paying for a BIKE, not a HIKE)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.