Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. So I recently bought an ABM 1990 Comp Lite that I would like to have decals made up for. My problem is it’s the brownish anodized frame and there are only ‘ghost’ remnants left on the frame and not quite visible enough for me to get a good reference for decal producer. From what I understand the decals wouldn’t stand the test of time on anodized frames 🤷🏼*♂. Could someone help me out with frame pics specific to this color model. It’s a different font than the majority of comp lites I’ve seen. I’d post pics but they’re barely visible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. So I recently bought an ABM 1990 Comp Lite that I would like to have decals made up for. My problem is it’s the brownish anodized frame and there are only ‘ghost’ remnants left on the frame and not quite visible enough for me to get a good reference for decal producer. From what I understand the decals wouldn’t stand the test of time on anodized frames 🤷🏼*♂. Could someone help me out with frame pics specific to this color model. It’s a different font than the majority of comp lites I’ve seen. I’d post pics but they’re barely visible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I am the original designer of the AMERICAN and Complite logos. I have all the original vector art if you want them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are? That is really cool. I have since had decals made up going off of what was originally on the frame. I have still only seen one other frame with decals like mine with the rest looking like yours. Nice bike btw. I was told mine is a 1990. Serial #OC7314. Do you have any more info on why the differing decals on apparently very few models? Thanks! and I’ll try to attach an image here

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are? That is really cool. I have since had decals made up going off of what was originally on the frame. I have still only seen one other frame with decals like mine with the rest looking like yours. Nice bike btw. I was told mine is a 1990. Serial #OC7314. Do you have any more info on why the differing decals on apparently very few models? Thanks! and I’ll try to attach an image here
View attachment 1921170
Fred Schilplin the builder, used another designer once I left town. He should never have changed to the stencil type face used on the later versions. I designed the type style to be unique to AMERICAN. Changing the brand look once initiated is a no no.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah I see. Well thank you for the info. And I’ll take anything you have to offer re: these bikes lol. Even just any interesting stories/history... I’ve read up on them enough to know they’re a rare, great quality bike and I had to have one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts