Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a American classic ISIS bottom bracket.

One of the reasons I bought it was it was i could replace the bearings

Where can I get the bearings to rebuild it.

It looks like on the American Classic web site they do not sell these BB anymore.

I can't see the bearing on Enduro seals web site either.

Any Ideas.

I like the American classic BB.Don't really want to replace it.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
If you know the bearing dimensions you could probably source them on that basis from a bearing supplier. According to a bit I found on Cambria's site the bearings are ID = 21.5mm, OD = 31.0mm, W = 7.0mm. I couldn't find anything on the AmClassic site other than the instructions for changing them out http://www.amclassic.com/documents/help/2009_edited/ISISOverhaulpg09.pdf

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
measure the bearings, or take bffl's word for it and go to bocabearings.com

figure out the web site (it's a bit tricky) and search for the size you need. there is a bicycle compontent database on there somewhere if you can find it, it might have the ac bb in it.

or if you have the dimensions you might be able to still get them from enduro.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
If you know the bearing dimensions you could probably source them on that basis from a bearing supplier. According to a bit I found on Cambria's site the bearings are ID = 21.5mm, OD = 31.0mm, W = 7.0mm. I couldn't find anything on the AmClassic site other than the instructions for changing them out http://www.amclassic.com/documents/help/2009_edited/ISISOverhaulpg09.pdf
That would be standard ISIS sized bearings...Universal Cycles also list this size (21531) for the AC Bottom Bracket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.