Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
They work but....

I bought a pair with my Niner One9 a couple of months back. I was one of the unfortunate souls to receive a pair of wheels that had not had the cam plate replaced prior to shipment. I contacted AC and they promptly sent me a new cam plate along with instructions to install; it was quite easy, but the 4 days it took to arrive at my door seemed like forever. I asked that they overnight the parts to me but they would not, even after a long discussion, no. Since replacing the cam plate they have given me zero troubles. I'm 170lbs and ride on the smooth Minnesota trials though, so I may not be the best frame of reference when it comes to evaluating their durability.

I can however comment on their engagement, which works every time, but not quite as quickly as I'd like it to. Prior to the AC wheelset, I was riding a White Industries freewheel which had a quick, very positive engagement, kind of like running into a wall as soon as you started pedaling. The ACs require more rotation, it's more like riding up a ramp that steepens slowly before going vertical vs. hitting a wall right from the start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.