Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed north with CBX and the doggies to meet up with a huge Sea-town posse in Whizzler. The plan was to mix in some park, some whistler "xc" and some lake swimming. The weather turned a bit cooler with a bit of rain, so the lake swimming didn't materialie, but we did get plenty of riding in.....

Walker Texas Ranger in the clouds on O-Sin:

Kevmo on Dirt Merchant:

CBX - Same Drop:

Proof I was there:

CBX in the fog on O-Sin. Hitting the jumps on upper freight train was "interesting" as you couldn't even see them until you were right in front of them.

Stevie in the fog on O-Sin:

CBX's first timing hitting the fun wall ride on No Duff:

Hooked up with Airwreck for a few runs. He and Chase on the chair.

The crew taking in the view. Chase, FM, Airwreck and Kevmo

Airwreck shows off his Maui jumpin' skillz on Freight Train.

Only bummer of the day was that Josh took a digger when his bars clipped a small tree and he hurt his thumb. Heal up Josh!

Saturday:
On Saturday, there was a good threat of rain and we got 7 hours in the park on Friday, so we hooked up with FM and Zane for some "whistler xc". FM grunting up the Flank trail.

Kevmo still smiling 1/2 way up the climb. :confused:

CBX showing how tough the climb is. :p :p

Of course, the doggies got lots of stream time on the climb up.

FM on a beautiful ladder over a stream. It's plenty wide, but the repercussions of crashing would be no bueno. I'd love to get a better angle of this one.

Kevmo.....same spot.

CBX on a fun section of trail that parallels a creek.

Fun spot to session. Steep rock face to mandatory huck. Kevmo makes it no problemo.

The ride ended conveniently over near Nita Lake and we popped over to Dusty's for some apres beers. It pretty much pi$$ed on us the entire ride, but temps were fine and folks were completely stoked on a killer new route. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Big ups to the trail builders in the valley who make some incredible stuff.

Sunday:
Hooked up with a bunch of different folks for runs. Stevie hitting the middle step up on O Sin.....doesn't even look like his tires are off the ground.

Bears were everywhere this weekend. As such, here's the ubiquitous bear shot.

Some Crank it up Shots:

Chase boosting off the top.

Matt R. stylin' it with Len on his heals.

Noel on his V-Tach. Noel's rear der. wasn't working worth a $hit, so he rode chainless all day.

Noel on Schleyer:

CBX follows on her Del - T. She's loving this bike!

One more shot of Noel. Optional roller at the end of Blue Velvet.

Last pic of Chase airing out the diving board on Upper Joyride. I gave this a go for the first time (albeit much slower) and it was super smooth. Definitely something I'll hit going forward.

Another great weekend of riding up in B.C.. Got to hook with our friends from the Dirt Corps, got some runs with Airwreck and Jewels and a whole host of Seattle buddies. Some minor tumbles from all of us, but only one injury (Josh) and folks got their fill by the end of the trip. Due to the weather, the park wasn't busy at all and we still got a top notch xc ride in as well. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
EB

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Good to see you up there on Friday, we had a great weekend as well. I rode a couple of hours Saturday with Mr. Merchant, took a break for the worst of the rain and then rode 4-close. Incredibly fun in the rain: sloppy, stupid, slippery...just a few words that describe it. No lift lines, I rode up and hopped on the lift immediately all evening! I'll post pics when I can get them online.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jubilee said:
Nice haircut.

Lookin' all civilized and stuff. :skep:
I was getting pretty shaggy, so I decided to go with a summer cut. Don't you worry, I'll be back to my uncivilized self before you know it. :p

Carb, good on ya for getting out on Saturday evening. After our 3 hour xc rainfest on the Westside, we were all ready for the hot tub, bbqing and cocktails! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
EB

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
juice said:
From the looks of it, you guys climbed up with Z from Function Junction (you were riding, not pushing).
You nailed it.

juice said:
How does that new trail off the Flank compare to Cheap Thrills?
I thought it had more bang for buck.....a new Westside fave, perhaps? :yesnod: :yesnod: The routing is smartly done with a ton of flow, so you don't scrub your vert as quick....not to mention the beautiful creek views, etc. It still has it's share of tech though.

We all skipped one steep and gnarly section due to the (very) wet conditions on saturday. It's totally doable, but I'd rather hit it dry first to know what to expect. The crisscrossing, slick-as-snot roots on the uber steep runout were what I was most worried about......I chatted with the builder and he says he skips that move in the wet too, so I don't feel like a total wuss now. :p

EB

P.S. Geo, nothing to see here. Move along! ;)

·
~~~~~~~~
5,937 Posts
right on EB :cool:.
we're sitting here in the condo recapping the day/week, etc. got to pack the bikes up tommorow and head for the airport. Another awesome trip, so many cool people, (and trails!) so little time. There is no way to put it in words on this keyboard to describe the stoke that everyone here experiences. We can't say enough about the hospitality and generousity folks like you, CBX, the whole Seattle crew, and the BC locals have shown us.

Mentoring a 13 year old grom on his first trip here was icing on the cake. So one pic for now, second to the last run of the trip, tired of being asked what the gnarliest trails on the mountain are, it was time to take him for a full run down In Deep, Fatcrobat, D1, and upper and lower Joyride.

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
35,550 Posts
Heyyyyy, I missed you all but I got to ride with Julie and Airwreck!!

I wasn't really supposed to ride on this family trip but I got on the bike and am a changed man. I shall return to send IT!!

fc

·
Registered
19 Posts
juice said:
Sounds like a great weekend up there. From the looks of it, you guys climbed up with Z from Function Junction (you were riding, not pushing). How does that new trail off the Flank compare to Cheap Thrills?
I've taken you down this trail before Juice - You cleaned the tech section.

·
ride your bike
9,447 Posts
airwreck said:
There is no way to put it in words on this keyboard to describe the stoke that everyone here experiences.
....ahhh, so true! A similar feeling comes about the last segment of Seasons, where the guys are just out rippin' and having fun...the music complements it perfectly. The only thing better is being there! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.