Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Weyvoless said:
Just a couple of shots from the race up at Big Bear on Saturday. The first 2 shots are of my buddy Moshpit, and the third is of me. Good times.
gah damn i wish i could of made that race.

·
Removed at birth
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sport class was on Log Chute. They rerouted the course through the trees at the top, and then took out the tree section at the bottom. All in all it made for a very fun, and fast course. Most everyone did it in under 4 minutes.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Weyvoless said:
Sport class was on Log Chute. They rerouted the course through the trees at the top, and then took out the tree section at the bottom. All in all it made for a very fun, and fast course. Most everyone did it in under 4 minutes.
Sport Class? Sandbaggers!!! :p

Nah, seriously though. Doesn't anyone race beginner anymore? Am I going to have too race sport next year, ah jeez!!!! Oh well see ya on the po'd ium. :D

Nice pics. Good to see some shots of Moshpoop. Heard he had a hard time. How'd you do Weyvo?

EDIT - Heard your running a 2.7 on that 67?? Nevegal? Why such a beef tire?

·
Removed at birth
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He claims he had a hard time, but he still beat me by 13 seconds on the first run, and 7 on the second. There are some very fast riders in the Sport class. Talk about sand baggin. As for my tire selection, for this last race I ran a 2.7 intense up front, and a 2.8 michelin comp32 on the back. I just picked up a rear 2.7 Navegal from Evil, so I'll run that on the back for the next race, and move the Michelin up front. I've tried 2.5 Maxxis in the rear in the past, and they just won't stop my heavy arse like a 2.7. Also, I can run lower pressure with the bigger volume tire.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Weyvoless said:
He claims he had a hard time, but he still beat me by 13 seconds on the first run, and 7 on the second. There are some very fast riders in the Sport class. Talk about sand baggin. As for my tire selection, for this last race I ran a 2.7 intense up front, and a 2.8 michelin comp32 on the back. I just picked up a rear 2.7 Navegal from Evil, so I'll run that on the back for the next race, and move the Michelin up front. I've tried 2.5 Maxxis in the rear in the past, and they just won't stop my heavy arse like a 2.7. Also, I can run lower pressure with the bigger volume tire.
that's cause your Max 2.5 is really a 2.3 in disguise. :D

Yeah I can't wait to see if I can put a hurt on Mosh when I get the 26 rollin. He's actually getting to be a darned good rider, even though we give him [email protected] all the time stating otherwise.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I'm glad I was able to make it to the race. I'm in sport, and I thought they did a good job of running Log Chutes through the trees. Many people were having a hard time getting around those tight corners at the bottom of the steep, rutted sections. Probabley the funnest race I've had at Summit!!! :D

·
Removed at birth
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I was trying to keep that one hidden, because it looks like gravity was keeping the man down. Now you know why I'm called Huevoless.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I wanna race myself but toobad there arn't many races up in the north east U.S. :(

·
[paste title here]
515 Posts
nice pics. I was up there on sat just taking pics of my friend and other riders. It was his first time there and he wanted to try out the sport class. He got worked by most of the riders (sec to last place) but he had a good time. I think I got a pic of you going down on the switchbacks.

Its lil blurry

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Weyvoless said:
Yeah I was trying to keep that one hidden, because it looks like gravity was keeping the man down. Now you know why I'm called Huevoless.
I wasnt sure if you just mist that pic or not. props to dirtfocus.com and all the volunteers who come out to the races and put them online.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts