Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed an order with Nashbar through Amazon.com last week using a 10% discount code.
Received two confirming emails showing the discount was applied yet when my order arrived,the packing list shows none. Several "pass the buck" emails between Amazon and Nashbar later and my next step is the Attorney General's office. One of the poorest examples of "customer service" I've ever experienced. :mad:

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered through Amazon to take advantage of the discount code, I would have preferred to order direct from Nashbar and cut out the middle man. Regardless, neither seems willing to accept responsibility for the matter. Amazon tells me Nashbar is responsible and Nashbar tells me the opposite.

No, I haven't "actually" picked up the phone as their "brilliance" hasn't shown through several rounds of emails. BTW, the emails are not automatically generated but sent from someone with a name. If she can't grasp or is unwilling to do what needs to be done from several clearly written email requests, I'm not too optimistic about a phone request but perhaps I'll give it a shot. I'm not dumping this totally on Nashbar either, Amazon bears as much responsibility as they do.

·
Registered
595 Posts
If you haven't picked up the phone, I'd probably make that the next step before the Attorney General's office.

In all seriousness, quite a few of Amazon's partnerships have been plagued with troubles. It may honestly be that both sides think the other is responsible. That said, if you get one (or both) company's CS on the phone, you'll probably be able to find a satisfactory resolution.

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree...

...with you all. As I stated earlier, I'm unhappy with BOTH Amazon and Nashbar. I will give both a call in an attempt to resolve this as simply as possible. I'm a pretty patient individual but two things that torque me are people trying to mess with my family or my money.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have ordered from many of the Online retailers. Even the ones people seem to have issues with. Never had a problem with any of them because I always follow up a web order with a phone call at some point just to touch base. Human contact whether it be in person or on the phone is the key my friends.

·
Registered
595 Posts
J-RAD said:
Never had a problem with any of them because I always follow up a web order with a phone call at some point just to touch base. Human contact whether it be in person or on the phone is the key my friends.
Human contact quite often is key, but it doesn't always solve the problem in the way you'd think:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=97221

That details my experience with supergo.com

Yes, calling lead to problem resolution...but in this case, that resolution was canceling the order.

·
Registered
252 Posts
peteer01 said:
Human contact quite often is key, but it doesn't always solve the problem in the way you'd think:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=97221

That details my experience with supergo.com

Yes, calling lead to problem resolution...but in this case, that resolution was canceling the order.
I agree with you that not everything can go super smooth that way, but I would pick up the phone and contact the retailer before I called the attorney general!

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol!!!

frankenbike said:
I don't think Alberto Gonzales will help you until you use all options avail to you like calling them up and talking to them.

Very funny. :D Here in the wilds of Pennsyltucky, the State Attorney General's Office oversees the Better Business Bureau.

From the number of displeased customer threads I'm seeing on MTBR these days, we have a real problem in this country. People who are paid low wages seem to feel it's okay to provide substandard service and most ( as I've concluded by the responses posted on the various threads) have been conditioned to agree with this and that's plain wrong.
Like it or not, picking orders or answering customer's questions does not warrant a 6 figure salary but what about personal pride? Doing the job you are paid for? I guess none of this means anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.