Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here to MTBR. I might know some of you from TGR, where I used to post a ton back in the day. I seem to be more and more focused in my mountain biking and less on skiing/snowboarding, so this seems like a good spot to visit.

Anyway, I ride with the Bay Area Team LUNAChix and just got back from an unbelievable week in Whistler with stops at Duthie, Black Rock, and North Shore (Cypress and Fromme) along the way.

Came across the coolest dog at Duthie Mountain Bike who jumps far better than I do. Figured this was as good a way to introduce myself as any! Happy viewing, and glad to be here.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I love mountain "biking" dogs!

Mine just got spade and when I put my biking shoes on yesterday she started spinning and when she saw I was leaving without her she sounded like she caught her paw in a bear trap :(

·
Owner, Spoke Apparel
147 Posts
Really great vid. Seems like little dogs are great trail pals. I've seen Jack Russells hammer single track.

Still working on my GSD's trail skills but he's pretty good. If I don't actively check his speed, he will go way too fast and rip up his pads. But he loves it out there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
meneone said:
Easier said than done. The shoes pull off his feet after the first 5 mins. Any ideas that keep em on?
awesome vid! Ive had the paw problem as well it's worse on gravel forest service roads than single track. I'm skeptical about the shoes as well.
Supposedly they make socks that go with the shoes that help keep them on.
The difference in my dog's paw size from standing/trotting to full speed is close to if not double! can't see a shoe that would fit snug ever expanding enough when running.:skep:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AptosRider - what I wish I'd done was gotten him from the top of the run in. This jump is Happy Ending at Duthie, which some of you might now. It's got this HUGE insanely fast and steep run-in to a gap step-up. I was so blown away all I could do was get him jumping (I've got about three clips - Poor guy - I kept making him and the dog do it again!).

·
the test dummy
3,487 Posts
holly crap the dog almost went otb he got really lucky on that one...... not to be a nag but that dog really should be wearing a helmet when he does that stuff he could really get hurt.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.