Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, so i am starting to get into DH. Iv'e heard get KHS, i've heard don't spare money and quality, get a banhsee. I've heard Specialized sucks. I just need a pointer in the right direction, somthing that is on the cheaper side, but somthing that can go big and do DH and extreme fr. Thank you.

·
WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
403 Posts
Korrupt said:
Yea, so i am starting to get into DH. Iv'e heard get KHS, i've heard don't spare money and quality, get a banhsee. I've heard Specialized sucks. I just need a pointer in the right direction, somthing that is on the cheaper side, but somthing that can go big and do DH and extreme fr. Thank you.
I doubt I'll even be able to hit "Submit Reply" before someone else posts it, but take a look at the Iron Horse SGS Pro (Supergo: $1400). Specialized does not suck in general, but they do compared to IH on new bikes in this price category.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you're looking at a new bike and something that can go big DH and FR, then get ready to spend the $$. If a used rig is ok, then you've got a shot at finding a good deal. Since you don't really know what kind of bike you want yet, check out some bikes and read their reviews. Big Hits are good. Stinky's are good. Yeah, don't spare on the quality. Money is a different thing. You can get quality for a deal if you take the time to look.

Go by the look of a bike if anything. Looks nice? Check out the reviews and post on the board for feedback. There are so many choices! So many bikes, so little time to ride 'em all :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts