Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard that ones you climbed amasa back,there's an option to go down called jackson and rock stacker,where do you hook up with this options?thanks in advance.
RCC.

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts

·
I ride with tools
1,376 Posts
Gold Bar Rim singletrack

John Finch said:
JSM Nice Map is there one for the UPS and LPS? How about the Gold Bar Rim Singletrack?
GBR singletrack is kind of tough to follow, and even tougher to ride - lots of big moves and drops. But also a lot of fun. Basically, where the jeep road keeps dropping down away from the rim then climbing back up to it, the singletrack stays close to the rim the whole time. It's tougher to stay on it because there's not a ton of skid marks like the jeep road, and a lot of it is on solid rock so it's hard to see if you're not right on top of it.

The downside is that the singletrack is a lot shorter than the jeep road, so you get less riding in. The jeep road is just as much fun, IMO.

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
RCC said:
i heard that ones you climbed amasa back,there's an option to go down called jackson and rock stacker,where do you hook up with this options?thanks in advance.
RCC.

I rode that trail two years ago. Rock stacker is not an easy trail to find. If you do find it from top of Amasa, it connects to Jackson.

Both trails were very technical with many exposure. Rock stacker had many 5+ foot drops. Intermediate to new rider may find it to be a bit too much unless they walk every section...fyi.

·
Ridin in UT
98 Posts
RCC said:
RCC.
That is a great map of the area! From the top of Amasa, keep heading NW on the jeep track. You'll see on the map that there is a steel pipe that crosses the road, and just after that pipe you'll see a singletrack heading north, then it curves back East, and that is the Jackson trail. It's even signed at the top,

The trail is very very fun but as mentioned it does have some decent exposure and some very technical moves that will require a bit of hike a bike. It takes you all the way back to Kane Creek Rd and is easy to follow once on the trail. It is an adventure trail for sure with a portage at the bottom near the river.
have fun!

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SingleTrackHound said:
I rode that trail two years ago. Rock stacker is not an easy trail to find. If you do find it from top of Amasa, it connects to Jackson.

Both trails were very technical with many exposure. Rock stacker had many 5+ foot drops. Intermediate to new rider may find it to be a bit too much unless they walk every section...fyi.
just got back from moab yesterday.thanks to all of you that shared some imput in this matter.didn't find rock stacker(didn't really look for it too long,as the day was getting a little short,been that amasa back was our second ride of the day and we were getting a little wore out)but did find the jackson section,and thats one fun section let me tell you!and yes i have to admit it,not for beginers for sure.no pictures from jackson as we were having too much fun riding down that single track! but here are a few from amasa here and there,enjoy.again thanks a lot.
RCC.

Attachments

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
RCC said:
just got back from moab yesterday.thanks to all of you that shared some imput in this matter.didn't find rock stacker(didn't really look for it too long,as the day was getting a little short,been that amasa back was our second ride of the day and we were getting a little wore out)but did find the jackson section,and thats one fun section let me tell you!and yes i have to admit it,not for beginers for sure.no pictures from jackson as we were having too much fun riding down that single track! but here are a few from amasa here and there,enjoy.again thanks a lot.
RCC.
You guys RIPP!!!:thumbsup: I know exactly where that step-up is on Amasa. Nice work! Yeah, that Jackson is very techy and I was able clean the whole thing except one dab on one section but I had to walk 2 sections on Rock Stacker where the exposure was too great if I dabbed. Hopefully you guys will find Rock Stacker next time so you can link it to Jackson. No doubt that you guys are capable of cleaning all of them.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
RCC said:
RCC.
Nice pics Ramon...Third times a charm! Get it?:p Are you goin' to the freeride thing on Saturday. If not I am up for a ride. I don't think I can handle Xtreme Mtb as my shoulder is a little soar. Call me.

OH...BTW you guys sure left in a hurry Sunday morning ...not even so much as goodbye! I had to get my MTB fix on the SS. Left camp at about 7am and headed up to Porc Rim. I thought seriously about continueing to the singletrack, but I figured with a 6hr drive I better not. Instead I hit the practice loop (in reverse) at slick rock on the way back to camp.

Sorry I don't have any pics to share of you RCC, but here is one you might remember from our last trip....

<embed width="430" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="https://s87.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/bandrada/RamonBryanTrip039.flv"></embed>

And one of Nate on the Amasa Step-up...

<embed width="430" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="https://s87.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/bandrada/MoabWithFamilia003.flv"></embed>

Question for the Moab locals...which is better Hidden Valley (Moab Rim) or Bartlett Wash? We ended up doing Bartlett against my better judgement and it did not live up to any great expectation. Is a guide recommended for this area? Boring otherwise IMO.

·
Ride Hard, Ride Free
427 Posts
Good pics and vids Mtn. Biker123 and RCC. Overall great trip...even tho we got on each others nerves at times.:madman: :)

Gotta do the ABQ Freeride Jam...would be a good place to practice drops and jumps...Rampage style.:yesnod:

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys.yeah i had to be at work 5:00am monday morning,nate and i were concedering doing a ride before heading back to burque,but at the last minute we decided,to go ahead and leave so i can rest a little before go back to work,and it wasn't until we were on the road somewhere that it click that we didn't let you know about it,sorry.i'm not sure if i'll make the FR jam,but for sure a ride is in the plans.i'll call you.
RCC.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
RCC said:
thanks guys.yeah i had to be at work 5:00am monday morning,nate and i were concedering doing a ride before heading back to burque,but at the last minute we decided,to go ahead and leave so i can rest a little before go back to work,and it wasn't until we were on the road somewhere that it click that we didn't let you know about it,sorry.i'm not sure if i'll make the FR jam,but for sure a ride is in the plans.i'll call you.
RCC.
Peace! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts