Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Having done these, I'll suggest something a bit outside of the box.

Hymasa all the way to upper Ahab. Like Norman says, upper Ahab is a lot of work. So I'd then take upper Ahab "down" to the midpoint, and then back up Hymasa (this part it pretty easy) back up to upper Ahab. This gets most of the hard climbing out of the way early. Then Amasa, pothole rockstacker Amasa and then down upper Hymasa (it's a lot of fun downhill) to the midpoint and out lower Ahab.

You'll end up with some backtracking on upper Hymasa but it rides good in both directions and front loads the hard climbing in the ride.

·
beater
6,187 Posts
The route I'm planning for my next ride there will involve climbing the jeep road (which I've always thought is fun) to the false summit, and then climbing to the top of Ahab, and riding upper and lower Ahab to the bottom of lower Ahab. From there we'll probably take Hymasa back up and then ride out to Rockstacker and drop out via Jacksons.

·
More Chasmism
798 Posts
The route I'm planning for my next ride there will involve climbing the jeep road (which I've always thought is fun) to the false summit, and then climbing to the top of Ahab, and riding upper and lower Ahab to the bottom of lower Ahab. From there we'll probably take Hymasa back up and then ride out to Rockstacker and drop out via Jacksons.
This would be the complete package, and is what I'd recommend to do (mostly) it all.

hfly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.