Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey!
Just wanted to show you my new rig
The Amaro Bellucci Sinistra. All Amaro bikes are named after italian actresses... and Sinistra well, I guess it doesn´t need further explanation. ;)
The details:

- Lefty carbon SL fork
- 72.5-73.5 HT and ST angles.
- Can be run singlespeed or with gears by changing the right dropout
- BB30
- Lefty Head tube
- Arches and RR laced to Lefty hub (by mikesee) and DT Swiss SS (by Aimar, the man behind Amaro) with DT RWS thru bolt
- Fizik Tundra seat.
- FRM BB30 crankset.
--Thomson seatpost and stem. I run a special steerer tube made by Black Cat Bone Bikes. See picture below.

]

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nice!

Amaro makes some beautiful bikes and yours is one those for sure :thumbsup: . I know Amaro is an Italian company, did you deal directly with them?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
reydin said:
Amaro makes some beautiful bikes and yours is one those for sure :thumbsup: . I know Amaro is an Italian company, did you deal directly with them?
No, not Italian, Italian inspiration for sure, but they are from Spain. And yes, you deal directly with them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mattbryant2 said:
Very nice. Mind posting more information about those cranks?
Hey matt,
They are made by FRM, an Italian company. They have them in two flavours, 2x9 and 3x9. I choose the 3x9 because is easier to set up as SS. 163 mm of Queer Factor. 700 grams with axle.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
raposu said:
No, not Italian, Italian inspiration for sure, but they are from Spain. And yes, you deal directly with them.
Thanks for the correction and the info. I remember seeing the Lolobrigida some time back and thought that thing would be a sweet 29er, nice to know I can call them direct if I ever get around to making that happen. Once again, nice ride.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CrashCanipe said:
Simply Gorgeous!!

Have you thought of a nice laidback Ti seatpost to take the edge off?
Not a fan of too much titanium parts on titanium frames and I am sucker for Thomson seatposts, specially when matched with a thomson stem. ;)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for sharing. Thank goodness you went with a custom fitted Lefty -- there is a horrendous bike in their portfolio with a generic $20 carbon fork (saso)... I nearly impaled myself when I saw that.

Also, with a custom bike, I was curious why you didn't go with the Lefty headtube instead of the adapter? Independent Fabrication's 29er build for racer and Geekhouse 29er build both have the Lefty headtube in their custom builds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,

niiiiiiiiice!!! I love it! Amazing welds. :thumbsup:

Glad to see how Aimar surpasses himself with each creation.

illnacord: in fact, the Sinistra's headtube IS a Lefty one. The adapter has been used to allow the use of a Thomson stem, instead of a Cannondale (or compatible) one. You can see the SI bearings if you look carefully at the pictures, specially the second one...

raposu: cebrón. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.