Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been lots of information on oil level amounts discussed here WRT the 130mm-150mm AM1's but I haven't found anything for its little brother. Are the oil amounts per leg the same for the 110-130mm as well as the 130-150mm :confused:

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
AZmtncycler said:
There's been lots of information on oil level amounts discussed here WRT the 130mm-150mm AM1's but I haven't found anything for its little brother. Are the oil amounts per leg the same for the 110-130mm as well as the 130-150mm :confused:
I don't believe that they need to be different as at full compression they are the same fork.

_MK

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what???

yep, I agree that at full compression they might be the same but what about at full extension?? The longer 130mm-150mm AM1 would have longer lowers and stanctions which should require more oil then the 110-130mm version. Or am I missing something here:confused:

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
The stanchions and lowers are of the same length. At 150 there's less bushing overlap than at 130 or 110. The two do differ a little at the base, where the lowers/cartridge/sliders come together. The oil levels have two functions. First, proper oil level is crucial for the damper to work, second, the oil level controls the bottom out resistance of the fork. The dampers on both are of the same legth and the bottom out happes at the end of the stroke, for both, therefore, I would imagine that the same oil levels apply. The dimensions of both forks at say 130mm extension are identical, same amount of bushing overlap, etc.

_MK

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
MK is correct. The 110-130 is the same fork as the 130-150. The exception being the casting for the sliders have a different mount where the foot nuts attach the damping rods to the slider. Oil volume should be the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.