Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one not in Downieville right now? Kind of quiet around here, spooky even... Got no one to ride with. Starting earlyish in Marin...where to go, where to go, hmmm....

-slide

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
slide mon said:
That rules! Have fun, I was a huge fan when I was a tween, and I didn't even know he rode...

Gene will ALWAYS rule...

Kinda enjoying the quiet. It's almost like being on virgin trails.:thumbsup:

Ogre and I decided to do our own thing after debating going to Downeville for a couple weeks. Thinking of taking the youngest and her friend to Yosemite tomorrow. Biking around to the falls is a great way to see the sights.:D

Fiona

·
Registered
611 Posts
Nope, staying in SF this weekend and looking for some riding. If anyone wants a tour of Mt Davidson and Mt Sutro, let me know. Not sure what my riding schedule will be, but I want to get some time on the bike, but stay close to home.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,693 Posts
I'll probably do a very short local ride tomorrow morning before it becomes unbearable. After that, I'll probably kill time by posting links to pron sites on MTBR since all the mods are gone. :)

·
Master of '80s BMX tricks
1,075 Posts
We rode Chabot in the dark tonite. saw 2 skunks (no stinky), got straffed by 5 or 6 bats (not sure if the last one was just a dragonfly) Umpteen Deer and 2 potheads. Nightriding is truly for wildlife lovers.
Tomorrow, we rest. Sunday, Mt Tam.
I bet you this is the perfect weekend to ride Demo without running into anyone else.

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
zorg said:
I'll probably do a very short local ride tomorrow morning before it becomes unbearable. After that, I'll probably kill time by posting links to pron sites on MTBR since all the mods are gone. :)
ROFL...

I'm thinking Sunday morning if I can get some sleep with the heaqt like it is...

Zorg, the usual?? 7am if I can??

·
Registered
756 Posts
maleonardphi said:
Nope, staying in SF this weekend and looking for some riding. If anyone wants a tour of Mt Davidson and Mt Sutro, let me know. Not sure what my riding schedule will be, but I want to get some time on the bike, but stay close to home.
can't make it this weekend but I'd take you up on your offer at some point down the road. do you ever ride there mid-week after work?

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
zorg said:
If you're going to post, why bother with links? Just post directly. The mods are even out of phone contact. Just be sure to include a mountain bike in every picture, to keep it properly MTB related. This is MTBR after all. :rolleyes:

I pity the people taking a bike clinic in this heat (like Stripes). Not even noon and it's already 100F. I was going to ride over Sierra Azul today (Quicksilver, El Sombroso, Kennedy), but didn't get an early enough start. It'll probably be 115 F up there like the time I did it a couple years ago in the summer. It'll be 15 F cooler tomorrow. I'll do the ride then.

Maybe I'll do another ride early tomorrow morning if someone can suggest something worthy. What about Demo? It'll be a little cooler there, and I haven't been for too long.

It'll almost be cold on Monday - a peak around 75F.:)

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
0gre said:
Thoughts for the new MTBR jersey design?
Good Entry. (Second pic has a broken link.)

Zorg, your turn to up the ante. You started it.

But just how far can you go and not get busted when the mods return?

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Plim said:
I'm not at D'ville. Hope to ride tomorrow mornin'. If I don't melt today, that is.
Something local to you, or do you want to get together for an MTBR ride somewhere?

An early start is prudent no matter where.

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
BigLarry said:
Something local to you, or do you want to get together for an MTBR ride somewhere?

An early start is prudent no matter where.
Unfortunately, it'll have to be local to me. Short, too. I hear you on the early start, but tomorrow's supposed to be much cooler.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.