Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Turner frames! But, I'm not spending 2k plus for one. For that matter, I won't spend 2k plus for any bike frame. End of story! It just seems foolish to me. There, I said it :)

Jaybo

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
Lots of bike frames out there for less than 2K. Buy one of those. 2 grand for your life passion doesn't seem like too much money to me, but YMMV.

It's only money. You'll make more.

BTW, I've never spent 2K on a frame...and I've had some pretty good frames in the last few years (Titus, Chumba, Transition, IH Sunday).

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Jaybo said:
I love Turner frames! But, I'm not spending 2k plus for one. For that matter, I won't spend 2k plus for any bike frame. End of story! It just seems foolish to me. There, I said it :)

Jaybo
2K is way too rich for my blood. I have purchased 3 used Turner frames over the years and all for less than 1K and while the first one was clearly "used" the other 2 have been almost perfect. Perhaps when the kids are gone I will pony up for a new frame.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have never paid 2k for a frame. Bought my Pack used and have bought a couple of demo frame deals. There are so many deals going on that you should never have to pay 2k.

Nothing wrong with paying 2k for a frame though if you want one bad enough.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Jaybo said:

Jaybo
I spent $750 on my Turner frame--brand new--and really enjoyed my 53 mile ride on it today. Timing is everything. What everyone wants now, will be cheap later when everyone wants what is next.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
lidar: i hear that! well except for the ride part. fockin rain.

mr mint: thats pretty funny.

in the end, its what make folks happy. a 2k frame that lasts a decade or more with little maint and the support given by a company like turner makes this otherwise bitter pill easy to swallow and quite tastey, actually. why spend $1000 or more 3 plus times and suffer through lesser quality and ride charactoristics, mediocor to poor customer service and longevity issues in the same time frame as many of us own our turners? then lets talk resale value. that doesnt make much sense to me but not everyone holds onto a frame as long as some do so i get that part to a extent. i dont own a 20k car but i dont bag on folks that do.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Jaybo said:
For that matter, I won't spend 2k plus for any bike frame. End of story! It just seems foolish to me. There, I said it :)

Jaybo
If you're looking at new frames, thats pretty much the going rate.
Looks like specialized stumpjumper frames start at $1750 and go up to $4k.
Not seeing frame-only prices for trek, but the remedy's run $2860, $3850, and $4830 for full bikes.

If you bought a used trek or specialized, would they take care of you if it broke?
Do they still sell hangers and pivot hardware for their 8-year old bikes?

You could certainly build up a turner for similar or less money than some of these mass-produced, overseas made bikes.

Maybe you posted to stir the pot, fine with me.... But does the world need more "disposable" ~$1200 mountainbike frames? I think the extra money is well spent, even if I don't own my frames in 5 years, it's nice to know they will still have resale value and customer support behind them.

Now spending $3-4k+ on a TV, or $60k+ on a car, is that a more sensible investment? :p
Not in my book. Judge if you must I guess.... :skep:

Attachments

·
Homer's problem child
1,320 Posts
tscheezy said:
eBay rulz.
Did the suds come with it? Damn UT and the silly laws here. I need to drive up to Evanston and pick up a case or two of the Daschutes swill, I really like the Obsidian Stout and Inversion IPA, but can't get them here..............:madman:

B

Attachments

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Jaybo don't you already have a Turner, I feel a makeover time out is required!

America's next top Turner [aka Model] time:p

Lick a paint, some new bits and you'll feel the love JB..

I feel ya pain J more than you know, we pay more than 3k here so if its a number we a hurting too..I can't afford a Ferrari either and Ive just sold the truck, life sucks and then ya gotta just suck it up and feel the pain CF style:D

I would love a Sul, an HL , a DHR! reality aint gonna happen:confused: but Im still a lucky mofo, be happy with the one ya with bro, now paint away:p

Chur
mint like CC says thats some funny s h i t:lol:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.