Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me rephrase the question......."Am I more stupid than usual?"

I am soooo close to pulling the trigger on a new kissoff frame and having a wheelset build along with it (with matching Phil Wood hubs).

The part of my question that corresponds to my level of stupidity, or hopefully not so stupid, is in regards to the wheelset.

I originally was going to move my newly built King ISO Disc / DT Swiss XR4.1d / Supercomp spoke / alloy nipple wheelset over to the new SS and just use spacers and a King Kog. However, (1) I like the idea of a SS specific wheelset and (2) I also like the idea of a sweet uber Phil Wood bike.

I also think I could get a decent price on my newly built King wheelset since the price increase took place after I had them built and they have less than 200 miles on em.

What do you think?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Let me rephrase the question......."Am I more stupid than usual?"

I am soooo close to pulling the trigger on a new kissoff frame and having a wheelset build along with it (with matching Phil Wood hubs).

The part of my question that corresponds to my level of stupidity, or hopefully not so stupid, is in regards to the wheelset.

I originally was going to move my newly built King ISO Disc / DT Swiss XR4.1d / Supercomp spoke / alloy nipple wheelset over to the new SS and just use spacers and a King Kog. However, (1) I like the idea of a SS specific wheelset and (2) I also like the idea of a sweet uber Phil Wood bike.

I also think I could get a decent price on my newly built King wheelset since the price increase took place after I had them built and they have less than 200 miles on em.

What do you think?

Cheers
Dump the King junk, it's too da*n noisy!

BTW, my Shimano hubs can out-coast King hubs.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pacman said:
Dump the King junk, it's too da*n noisy!

BTW, my Shimano hubs can out-coast King hubs.
thanks for the vote pacman...by the way, you need to teach me how to really single speed since I believe we are in the same county.

cheers

·
Not because I'm fast.....
748 Posts

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
Take em' to the tool shed out back, teach'm a thing or two pacman! :D j/k
My vote is: build a SS specific wheel set using the phil hubs and sell the kings.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2farfwd said:
Hey FoShizzle,
I have two King wheelsets (one being SS) and they have been great. However, for my new project I think I am going with Phil's because they are bombproof and just look so damn sweet. So, I vote Phil.

Why don't you see if you can score these for a good price and have Larry build them up for you. Not too many days left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7147343385&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
sweet....now all I need to do is pull of the sale to the wife!!! no problem!

by the way, my Phil hubs would be blue, to match the frame !!!!! If the sweet combo wasn't being considered, I would have Larry build the wheels but in this case, it makes sense to keep it in the (Phil Wood) family.

look out classifieds.....here come my Kings! unless of course I ask the wife at the wrong time....good news is, she bought a ton of clothes and shizzle today and we are going out drinking.......I may add a Harley to the order tonight!!!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.