Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on my other commuter. It will have some really nice high end stuff on it and the frame is a nice color scheme to make any bike thief drool over. Has LX,XTR, and XT stuff on it. I'm really worried about not being able to "keep" it if you know what I mean. Is it too "bling" that I am just setting myself up for it to getting stolen?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I have a pretty decent commuter bike - a bright orange Surly Troll with a mix of fairly nice parts: Formula K24 brakes, Hope front hub, X9 rear derailleur, X7 shifters, RaceFace Atlas cranks, Xpedo pedals, etc. I have been riding it in a very high bike theft city (San Francisco) for several years now. I use a small U-lock on the frame with a cable for the wheels. I try to take precautions when I can , like locking it where I can see it and not leaving it locked outside overnight. So far, so good. I'd much rather ride a nice bike than a crappy one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.